*If rumors are true, Paula Deen’s racism controversy may lead to a new career in reality TV.
There is talk that the celebrity chef is being wooed by ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars,” with an insider comparing her to such controversial past contestants as Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin.
ABC won’t comment on casting rumors, but the celeb chef has apparently been on the producers’ list before.
In a 2010 interview with Extra, Deen revealed that she’s a fan of “Dancing With the Stars,” but turned down an offer to compete on it. “They did ask me and I said no,” she said. “Fat girls don’t look good sweating. I’ve got catfish arms… And I’ve got — is that a muffin top right there?”
In 2012, Hollywood Life reported that producers were seriously considering the southern star for Season 14 of the show in the wake of her diabetes reveal. An insider said at the time, “‘DWTS’ suits love good stories. It’s good timing. Paula just confirmed she has diabetes and this could help her a lot.”
If Deen passes again on “DWTS,” she may have other reality TV options. According to VH1’s “The Gossip Table,” Donald Trump has also offered her a spot on his show, “Celebrity Apprentice.”
The business mogul reportedly cited the show’s “great format for reinventing and re-establishing careers.” For example: Bret Michaels and Arsenio Hall both made career comebacks on the show. Trump added, “Paula Deen’s reputation has taken a big hit and what better way to make a comeback than by raising money for charity?”
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here