*If rumors are true, Paula Deen’s racism controversy may lead to a new career in reality TV.
There is talk that the celebrity chef is being wooed by ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars,” with an insider comparing her to such controversial past contestants as Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin.
ABC won’t comment on casting rumors, but the celeb chef has apparently been on the producers’ list before.
In a 2010 interview with Extra, Deen revealed that she’s a fan of “Dancing With the Stars,” but turned down an offer to compete on it. “They did ask me and I said no,” she said. “Fat girls don’t look good sweating. I’ve got catfish arms… And I’ve got — is that a muffin top right there?”
In 2012, Hollywood Life reported that producers were seriously considering the southern star for Season 14 of the show in the wake of her diabetes reveal. An insider said at the time, “‘DWTS’ suits love good stories. It’s good timing. Paula just confirmed she has diabetes and this could help her a lot.”
If Deen passes again on “DWTS,” she may have other reality TV options. According to VH1’s “The Gossip Table,” Donald Trump has also offered her a spot on his show, “Celebrity Apprentice.”
The business mogul reportedly cited the show’s “great format for reinventing and re-establishing careers.” For example: Bret Michaels and Arsenio Hall both made career comebacks on the show. Trump added, “Paula Deen’s reputation has taken a big hit and what better way to make a comeback than by raising money for charity?”
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here