*MSNBC anchor Tamron Hall has a premiere date for her other TV gig, the 13-part Investigation Discovery series, “Deadline: Crime With Tamron Hall.”
The fast-paced, weekly investigative news program will debut on Sunday, September 1 at 9e/8c.
Hall knows first-hand the effect of violent crime, as her older sister was a murder victim in a case that is still officially unsolved. In each one-hour episode, Hall is joined by a core team of correspondents with extensive knowledge of law enforcement, to go beyond the headlines and explore not only what happened, but why it happened.
“The heartbreak that comes after a crime is committed can rip a family apart,” said Hall. “It’s something that none of us should have to experience, yet it’s a reality for many. What I’ve learned from survivors and their families is that the fight for justice and the will to heal should be shared. In cases where justice has not been fully carried out, the truth must be sought and told. “Deadline: Crime” gives me an opportunity to bring these complex and compelling stories to viewers and in some cases, you will find yourself asking…what would I do?”
The following investigations will be featured in September:
Sunday, September 1 at 9/8c
• Ruth Pyne: A mentally ill wife and mother of two is brutally murdered in her own garage. The community is shocked when the investigation leads to someone very close to home.
• Robert Chambers: He became infamous as the ‘Preppie Killer’— a good-looking private school grad who killed a young lover in New York’s Central Park. People find his light sentence almost as outrageous as the crime itself. But once out of prison, Chambers can’t stay away from a life of crime.
World Premiere Sunday, September 8 at 9/8c
• Jessie Valencia: An openly gay Missouri college student is found with his throat slashed. Is this a hate crime or did one of the student’s former lovers kill him in a jealous rage? Police get a surprise suspect—a man they’ve known for years. Would he kill to keep a secret?
• The Jackson Brothers: Four young adopted boys are found on the verge of starvation in a New Jersey home. In this episode of DEADLINE: CRIME, the brothers describe their ordeal and their inspiring story of redemption.
World Premiere: Sunday, September 15 at 9/8c
• Ellen Robb: As the wife of an internationally renowned Ivy League professor, she’s a highly unlikely murder victim. In fact, the only thing more unlikely about this case is the person who’s ultimately convicted of killing her.
• Ray Krone: A Phoenix postman and Air Force veteran wakes up one day to find policemen at his front door, accusing him of murder. He’s sentenced to death and spends years in prison trying to clear his name. Now a free man, he tells his incredible story on DEADLINE: CRIME.
World Premiere: Sunday, September 22 at 9/8c
• Sarah Jo Pender: A prosecutor convinces a jury that a young woman is a key player in a brutal double murder. So what causes him to change his mind? And how does the young woman end up on a “Most Wanted” poster after she’s convicted?
• Shasta Groene: Late one night a waitress and a customer at an Idaho restaurant notice a strange man and a withdrawn young girl. Could the girl be the kidnapped eight year-old police are looking for? And could the man be the one who killed members of her family? When the two bystanders act on their gut instinct, they break the case and free the girl.
World Premiere: Sunday, September 29 at 9/8c
• Kathy Loreck: A successful career woman is brutally raped and murdered in broad daylight in a public park and a COMMUNITY is terrified. Suspect after suspect is eliminated until the case is broken open by a strange bit of evidence: a discarded cigarette butt.
• Jaycee Duggard: When a man walks into a California university with his two daughters, a university employee senses something is wrong. She and a member of the university’s police force act on instinct and break one of the most notorious abduction cases that went unsolved for nearly two decades.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here