*Rachel Jeantel’s post trial media tour included a stop at HuffPost Live on Tuesday, where she spoke with host Marc Lamont Hill about her slain friend Trayvon Martin, the trial, and its legacy.
She was asked if she felt the prosecution properly prepared her to testify.
“I’m not going to blame all the cause on the prosecution,” she said. “They had to deal with witnesses, how they’re going to do the case. It was supposed to have been my responsibility. I was supposed to have taken half of the responsibility for getting ready. But mind you, I’m a teenager.”
Jeantel was also asked what she thought about the backlash against her from within the black community, including those who bashed her as an embarrassment?
“They said I was embarrassing them. Wow. I put my face on a stage with the whole world watching, and I’m embarrassing you?” she responded. “I’m fighting for you to make sure nobody does that to your child, your nephew, your nieces, your brother, your daddy, your father, your mother, all that. And I’m embarrassing you?”
Watch her entire interview below.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here