*Rachel Jeantel’s post trial media tour included a stop at HuffPost Live on Tuesday, where she spoke with host Marc Lamont Hill about her slain friend Trayvon Martin, the trial, and its legacy.
She was asked if she felt the prosecution properly prepared her to testify.
“I’m not going to blame all the cause on the prosecution,” she said. “They had to deal with witnesses, how they’re going to do the case. It was supposed to have been my responsibility. I was supposed to have taken half of the responsibility for getting ready. But mind you, I’m a teenager.”
Jeantel was also asked what she thought about the backlash against her from within the black community, including those who bashed her as an embarrassment?
“They said I was embarrassing them. Wow. I put my face on a stage with the whole world watching, and I’m embarrassing you?” she responded. “I’m fighting for you to make sure nobody does that to your child, your nephew, your nieces, your brother, your daddy, your father, your mother, all that. And I’m embarrassing you?”
Watch her entire interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here