*Rachel Jeantel’s post trial media tour included a stop at HuffPost Live on Tuesday, where she spoke with host Marc Lamont Hill about her slain friend Trayvon Martin, the trial, and its legacy.
She was asked if she felt the prosecution properly prepared her to testify.
“I’m not going to blame all the cause on the prosecution,” she said. “They had to deal with witnesses, how they’re going to do the case. It was supposed to have been my responsibility. I was supposed to have taken half of the responsibility for getting ready. But mind you, I’m a teenager.”
Jeantel was also asked what she thought about the backlash against her from within the black community, including those who bashed her as an embarrassment?
“They said I was embarrassing them. Wow. I put my face on a stage with the whole world watching, and I’m embarrassing you?” she responded. “I’m fighting for you to make sure nobody does that to your child, your nephew, your nieces, your brother, your daddy, your father, your mother, all that. And I’m embarrassing you?”
Watch her entire interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here