*Randy Jackson has lined up his first gig since leaving “American Idol.”
The musician is teaming up with Motown icon Smokey Robinson for a duets album to be released in the fall by Verve Records, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jackson will produce the tracks, which are expected to include songs written by Robinson for his solo career, his former group The Miracles, and for other artists, including Marvin Gaye and The Temptations.
The album will feature both “contemporary and classic artists,” though there’s no word yet on pairings. It will be Robinson’s first release for Verve and 29th album overall. Label chairman David Foster signed the singer in March.
“Randy Jackson is a longtime friend, a great musician and an amazing, experienced record producer,” says Robinson. “I’m honored and very happy to be working with him. He’s my brother.”
Adds Jackson: “It’s my utmost pleasure to produce this amazing duets record with the legend Smokey Robinson. He is one of the most incredible songwriters of all time. It’s going to be hot!”
In May, Jackson announced that he was leaving “Idol” after 11 seasons on the Fox show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here