*Washington Redskins superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III got married Saturday in Colorado to longtime girlfriend Rebecca Liddicoat.
The marriage between the two was very much anticipated and enjoyed by family and friends.
‘The best of America, that’s how I felt,” said boxing promoter and talk show host Rock Newman, a friend of the Griffin family. “I just saw people, all ages, all ethnicities, all colors — white, black, Hispanic, Asian — really just enjoying each other. And I marveled at it. I just was filled with a sense of pride and optimism – optimism, man – because we live in [a] fractured world. And that sense of any kind of division was not there.”
“It was definitely more emotional than I was expecting,” said William Mallow, a friend since junior high who was in the wedding party. “You could tell how much passion there is between them. It was definitely overwhelming, how much passion there was between them, and seeing the families getting along so well.”
Griffin chose to hold the wedding at the Four Seasons in Denver out of respect for his new bride and her hometown.
The star kept his announcement short and sweet via Twitter, which had his fans and supporters flooding the timeline with congrats, and warm regards.
The easiest way to say It……BIG DAY!
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) July 6, 2013
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here