*Washington Redskins superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III got married Saturday in Colorado to longtime girlfriend Rebecca Liddicoat.
The marriage between the two was very much anticipated and enjoyed by family and friends.
‘The best of America, that’s how I felt,” said boxing promoter and talk show host Rock Newman, a friend of the Griffin family. “I just saw people, all ages, all ethnicities, all colors — white, black, Hispanic, Asian — really just enjoying each other. And I marveled at it. I just was filled with a sense of pride and optimism – optimism, man – because we live in [a] fractured world. And that sense of any kind of division was not there.”
“It was definitely more emotional than I was expecting,” said William Mallow, a friend since junior high who was in the wedding party. “You could tell how much passion there is between them. It was definitely overwhelming, how much passion there was between them, and seeing the families getting along so well.”
Griffin chose to hold the wedding at the Four Seasons in Denver out of respect for his new bride and her hometown.
The star kept his announcement short and sweet via Twitter, which had his fans and supporters flooding the timeline with congrats, and warm regards.
The easiest way to say It……BIG DAY!
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) July 6, 2013
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here