*Washington Redskins superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III got married Saturday in Colorado to longtime girlfriend Rebecca Liddicoat.
The marriage between the two was very much anticipated and enjoyed by family and friends.
‘The best of America, that’s how I felt,” said boxing promoter and talk show host Rock Newman, a friend of the Griffin family. “I just saw people, all ages, all ethnicities, all colors — white, black, Hispanic, Asian — really just enjoying each other. And I marveled at it. I just was filled with a sense of pride and optimism – optimism, man – because we live in [a] fractured world. And that sense of any kind of division was not there.”
“It was definitely more emotional than I was expecting,” said William Mallow, a friend since junior high who was in the wedding party. “You could tell how much passion there is between them. It was definitely overwhelming, how much passion there was between them, and seeing the families getting along so well.”
Griffin chose to hold the wedding at the Four Seasons in Denver out of respect for his new bride and her hometown.
The star kept his announcement short and sweet via Twitter, which had his fans and supporters flooding the timeline with congrats, and warm regards.
The easiest way to say It……BIG DAY!
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) July 6, 2013
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here