*TV One has tapped Roland Martin to anchor its first morning news program.
“News One Now,” a one-hour live weekday telecast based in Washington DC, will focus on African American news and current affairs and be culled from the third hour of a three-hour radio show to be syndicated on Radio One network stations.
The network describes “News One Now” as a three-screen experience, allowing viewers and listeners to experience the show on radio, TV and through NewsOne.com. Additionally, the program will implement a “Skype Net” component giving various Radio One hosts a platform to provide daily weigh-ins on News One Now content, as well as inform the audience on hot topics in their respective regions.
Guests will include a mix of experts, newsmakers and celebrities.
“African Americans are some of the most highly engaged cable news consumers, and it’s vital that we meet that thirst with a daily morning show that speaks to our issues, our concerns, from our perspective,” said Martin. “News One Now will launch as the pre-eminent destination for the pulse of Black America.”
“News One Now” is set to launch in September with the former CNN commentator, columnist and previous host of TV One’s “Washington Watch with Roland Martin.”
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here