*TV One has tapped Roland Martin to anchor its first morning news program.
“News One Now,” a one-hour live weekday telecast based in Washington DC, will focus on African American news and current affairs and be culled from the third hour of a three-hour radio show to be syndicated on Radio One network stations.
The network describes “News One Now” as a three-screen experience, allowing viewers and listeners to experience the show on radio, TV and through NewsOne.com. Additionally, the program will implement a “Skype Net” component giving various Radio One hosts a platform to provide daily weigh-ins on News One Now content, as well as inform the audience on hot topics in their respective regions.
Guests will include a mix of experts, newsmakers and celebrities.
“African Americans are some of the most highly engaged cable news consumers, and it’s vital that we meet that thirst with a daily morning show that speaks to our issues, our concerns, from our perspective,” said Martin. “News One Now will launch as the pre-eminent destination for the pulse of Black America.”
“News One Now” is set to launch in September with the former CNN commentator, columnist and previous host of TV One’s “Washington Watch with Roland Martin.”
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here