*TV One has tapped Roland Martin to anchor its first morning news program.
“News One Now,” a one-hour live weekday telecast based in Washington DC, will focus on African American news and current affairs and be culled from the third hour of a three-hour radio show to be syndicated on Radio One network stations.
The network describes “News One Now” as a three-screen experience, allowing viewers and listeners to experience the show on radio, TV and through NewsOne.com. Additionally, the program will implement a “Skype Net” component giving various Radio One hosts a platform to provide daily weigh-ins on News One Now content, as well as inform the audience on hot topics in their respective regions.
Guests will include a mix of experts, newsmakers and celebrities.
“African Americans are some of the most highly engaged cable news consumers, and it’s vital that we meet that thirst with a daily morning show that speaks to our issues, our concerns, from our perspective,” said Martin. “News One Now will launch as the pre-eminent destination for the pulse of Black America.”
“News One Now” is set to launch in September with the former CNN commentator, columnist and previous host of TV One’s “Washington Watch with Roland Martin.”
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here