*Actress Rose Byrne is in talks for Sony’s urban remake of “Annie,” sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Bridesmaids” and “Damages” star would play Grace, dutiful assistant to Jamie Foxx’s “Daddy” Warbucks character Benjamin Stacks, the rich New York financier who takes in the orphan, played by Quvenzhane Wallis.
Cameron Diaz has signed on to play villainous orphanage matron Miss Hannigan.
Based on the Great Depression-era comic strip, the Jay-Z- and Will Smith-produced update of the iconic Broadway musical is set in modern times.
Will Gluck is directing the project. Other producers include Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett-Smith as well as Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith of Marcy Media.
The movie is due for a Christmas Day 2014 release.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here