*Actress Rose Byrne is in talks for Sony’s urban remake of “Annie,” sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Bridesmaids” and “Damages” star would play Grace, dutiful assistant to Jamie Foxx’s “Daddy” Warbucks character Benjamin Stacks, the rich New York financier who takes in the orphan, played by Quvenzhane Wallis.
Cameron Diaz has signed on to play villainous orphanage matron Miss Hannigan.
Based on the Great Depression-era comic strip, the Jay-Z- and Will Smith-produced update of the iconic Broadway musical is set in modern times.
Will Gluck is directing the project. Other producers include Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett-Smith as well as Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith of Marcy Media.
The movie is due for a Christmas Day 2014 release.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here