*Samuel L. Jackson brings a memorable, if not loud new character to Sony’s upcoming remake of “RoboCop,” which presented Friday at Comic-Con in San Diego.
The panel – which also included director Jose Padilha, Abbie Cornish (Ellen Murphy), Michael Keaton (Raymond Sellers), and Joe Kinnaman (Alex Murphy/RoboCop) – kicked off with a video presentation introducing Jackson as talk show host Pat Novak.
“I like to refer to Pat Novak as ‘Rush Sharpton,'” Jackson said, combining Rush Limbaugh and Al Sharpton. “A guy who has an opinion and is not afraid to state it, and uses every means necessary to get people to agree with him.”
The original 1987 film saw Peter Weller in the title role of police officer Alex Murphy, who is brutally murdered and subsequently brought back to life by the evil mega-corporation Omni Consumer Products (OCP) as a superhuman cyborg law enforcer known as “RoboCop.”
In Sony’s Detroit-set remake, Kinnaman steps from his starring role in AMC’s “The Killing” right into “RoboCop’s” metal suit. “Over the course of the movie he has this internal battle with the artificial intelligence and his own soul or his own humanity,” Kinnaman told the Comic-Con audience. “That was the challenge, to portray that, and I think that’s what we were able to do.”
Below, Jackson schools a Comic-Con questioner who asked, “What would tempt an audience to see this remake?”
“RoboCop” is due in theaters on Feb. 7, 2014. Watch a video from the film’s viral campaign below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here