*Back in March, we reported the story out of Brunswick, Georgia, where two African American teenagers, De’Marquise Elkins, 17, and Dominique Lang, 15, were arrested for allegedly walking up to a white woman with her baby in a stroller and attempting to rob her. The mother, Sherry West, was shot and her 10-month-old son, Antonio Santiago, was shot and killed.
That was the story when they were arraigned on March 25, but new evidence has surfaced that questions the validity of all of the events reported. The parents, Sherry West and Louis Santiago, both tested positive for gunshot residue on their hands after the crime was committed. This tidbit has been kept under wraps until now. According to Addicting Info, the defense attorney for the boys had to demand that this information, that has been withheld for months, be released.
Ten-month-old Antonio Santiago was fatally shot between the eyes on March 21, but now it is not certain who is behind the crime now that this new evidence is being introduced. In our story, it was clear that the police were not completely taken in by the story that was given by West and an investigation into the incident ensued. Sherry West’s daughter immediately came forward questioning her mother’s story.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here