*Back in March, we reported the story out of Brunswick, Georgia, where two African American teenagers, De’Marquise Elkins, 17, and Dominique Lang, 15, were arrested for allegedly walking up to a white woman with her baby in a stroller and attempting to rob her. The mother, Sherry West, was shot and her 10-month-old son, Antonio Santiago, was shot and killed.
That was the story when they were arraigned on March 25, but new evidence has surfaced that questions the validity of all of the events reported. The parents, Sherry West and Louis Santiago, both tested positive for gunshot residue on their hands after the crime was committed. This tidbit has been kept under wraps until now. According to Addicting Info, the defense attorney for the boys had to demand that this information, that has been withheld for months, be released.
Ten-month-old Antonio Santiago was fatally shot between the eyes on March 21, but now it is not certain who is behind the crime now that this new evidence is being introduced. In our story, it was clear that the police were not completely taken in by the story that was given by West and an investigation into the incident ensued. Sherry West’s daughter immediately came forward questioning her mother’s story.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here