*Back in March, we reported the story out of Brunswick, Georgia, where two African American teenagers, De’Marquise Elkins, 17, and Dominique Lang, 15, were arrested for allegedly walking up to a white woman with her baby in a stroller and attempting to rob her. The mother, Sherry West, was shot and her 10-month-old son, Antonio Santiago, was shot and killed.
That was the story when they were arraigned on March 25, but new evidence has surfaced that questions the validity of all of the events reported. The parents, Sherry West and Louis Santiago, both tested positive for gunshot residue on their hands after the crime was committed. This tidbit has been kept under wraps until now. According to Addicting Info, the defense attorney for the boys had to demand that this information, that has been withheld for months, be released.
Ten-month-old Antonio Santiago was fatally shot between the eyes on March 21, but now it is not certain who is behind the crime now that this new evidence is being introduced. In our story, it was clear that the police were not completely taken in by the story that was given by West and an investigation into the incident ensued. Sherry West’s daughter immediately came forward questioning her mother’s story.
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here