In an interview with Music-mix.ew, the singer bragged about her Halloween costume last year as she snapped a picture of herself in front of a photo of Angela Davis at the Museum of Modern Art in Queens.
Attempting to stay out of the shadow of her sister and blossom her own voice in music, she’s become the mainstream model Indie Rock Bohemian star. Her latest ear hugging single, “Losing You,” produced by Dev Hynes, has won the heart of new fans.
New look, evolved sound, and liberated, Solange has arrived.
“Every decision that’s been made behind this record, from the exact color of the album’s artwork to what record stores we put the record in, has been made by me,” she said.
And it’s not only about her. Her son Julez, 8, may be getting into the rap game sooner than later. Though she’s a bit terrified of her little boy entering into the business, she wants him to follow his passions.
In the meantime, the freespirit is now living in Brooklyn, in the Bohemian Mecca.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here