In an interview with Music-mix.ew, the singer bragged about her Halloween costume last year as she snapped a picture of herself in front of a photo of Angela Davis at the Museum of Modern Art in Queens.
Attempting to stay out of the shadow of her sister and blossom her own voice in music, she’s become the mainstream model Indie Rock Bohemian star. Her latest ear hugging single, “Losing You,” produced by Dev Hynes, has won the heart of new fans.
New look, evolved sound, and liberated, Solange has arrived.
“Every decision that’s been made behind this record, from the exact color of the album’s artwork to what record stores we put the record in, has been made by me,” she said.
And it’s not only about her. Her son Julez, 8, may be getting into the rap game sooner than later. Though she’s a bit terrified of her little boy entering into the business, she wants him to follow his passions.
In the meantime, the freespirit is now living in Brooklyn, in the Bohemian Mecca.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here