In an interview with Music-mix.ew, the singer bragged about her Halloween costume last year as she snapped a picture of herself in front of a photo of Angela Davis at the Museum of Modern Art in Queens.
Attempting to stay out of the shadow of her sister and blossom her own voice in music, she’s become the mainstream model Indie Rock Bohemian star. Her latest ear hugging single, “Losing You,” produced by Dev Hynes, has won the heart of new fans.
New look, evolved sound, and liberated, Solange has arrived.
“Every decision that’s been made behind this record, from the exact color of the album’s artwork to what record stores we put the record in, has been made by me,” she said.
And it’s not only about her. Her son Julez, 8, may be getting into the rap game sooner than later. Though she’s a bit terrified of her little boy entering into the business, she wants him to follow his passions.
In the meantime, the freespirit is now living in Brooklyn, in the Bohemian Mecca.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here