*Well here’s a novel idea for a “non person-of-color” to get on Spike Lee‘s good side: Give him some money.
That’s what producer/director Steven Soderbergh did. The producer of films such as Ocean’s Eleven, Ocean’s Twelve, and Ocean’s Thirteen pledged $10,000 to Lee’s mysterious kickstarter campaign; which just went into effect Monday.
And Soderbergh is only one of three who have pledged this amount or more to Lee’s project, which earned $100,726 of its $1,250,000 goal in just 24 hours.
Way to go, Spike!
That kind of support not only gets you Spike Lee’s attention, but an opportunity to pal around with dude.
“I’m taking him to dinner and we’re going to the game together,” Lee told NextMovie, before adding that he doesn’t even know if Soderbergh likes sports. “I’m giving a huge shout out to my man Steven Soderbergh for the support and I’m really humbled with Steven coming on board and doing that,” Lee added. “Thank you, Steven.”
Spike Lee “humbled?” Well slap us with a wooden spoon, won’tcha!
Soderbergh’s support doesn’t appear to be such a stretch though, he, along with Lee, have been outspoken about the direction that Hollywood has taken; focusing more on blockbusters instead of smaller, filmmaker driven projects.
To find out who else had the “privilege” to give Lee money, head to NextMovie. Meanwhile, a full look at the $10,000 reward, via the Kickstarter page, is below:
This Award Is For All Playa-Playas. For 10 Grand I’m Taking You to Dinner, Then You Will Have The Honor And Privilege To Sit Next To Me (IN MY WIFE’S TONYA’S SEAT) COURTSIDE – FRONT ROW IN THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE AT THE WORLD’S MOST FAMOUS ARENA – MADISON SQUARE GARDEN TO SEE OUR BELOVED NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS, ORANGE AND BLUE SKIES. IF YOU DON’T KNOW THIS IS ONE OF THE TRUE GREAT SPORTING EVENTS TODAY. YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS EXPERIENCE AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. THIS IS A VERY LIMITED ITEM. YOU SLOW – YOU BLOW. THIS IS BIG, BIG TIME. PS. KNICKS WILL BE GREAT THIS COMING NEW SEASON. ————————————————- So There You Have It. The Awards Are Affordable To One And All We Need Everyone To Help This Cause. Many Thanks In Advance. I Can’t Do This Without You. This Will Truly Be A Community Generated Spike Lee Joint. YA-DIG? SHO-NUFF
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here