*Music icon Stevie Wonder is working on his first gospel album, “Gospel Inspired By Lula.”
Wonder has not set a release date for his new project, but informed Rolling Stone that his gospel debut is “coming out relatively soon.”
“I never put a time on things, because the most important thing is that it’s good. Hopefully we get it the way it feels good to me,” he explained.
Wonder along with songwriter David Foster, has a mainstream project in the works as well. However, the release of the album, “Gospel Inspired By Lula” will be done to fulfill the promise Wonder made to his mother Lula Mae Hardaway.
“I promised her I would do it. She always wanted me to do it before she passed away, the untimely passing away. We’ve been working on some songs and some ideas. So we’re going to complete that as well,” said Wonder.
Out of the 26 other albums that Wonder has released over the course of his career, he says the gospel debut is the most personal one because of his commitment to his mother.
“We’re going to do some traditional gospel stuff, but I’m thinking about doing a gospel song in Arabic. I’m going to twist it all up in different ways, because I think everyone needs to hear the word of the gospel. The word of gospel really is love and it really is about people following the word, whether they read the Quran, the Torah or the Bible, whatever they read. At the end of the day, whatever you read, you know the god you believe in talking about people loving one another. It’s talking about we don’t need millions of handguns to make an understanding clear. It’s not about the religion – it’s about the relationship that you have with the one you serve and you worship,” he shared.
Lula passed away in 2006 and is credited as a songwriter on several of Stevie Wonder’s songs including “I Was Made to Love Her” and “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here