*Comedian Wanda Sykes sat down with Kathie Lee and Hoda to discuss her new comedy special and her feelings on the Paula Deen controversy.
Sykes’ new show “Herlarious,” will air this weekend on the Oprah Winfrey Network. She almost didn’t make it to the interview after falling asleep on the train and missing her original flight.
“I was drinking the night before, if you really want to know,” she said, when asked why she had missed her stop.
The comedian has voiced her opinion about Paula Deen in the past and has now stated that she does in fact feel bad for her.
You may recall Sykes making headlines after criticizing the celebrity cook for the way she handled the entire racism scandal. So its no surprise that she didn’t hesitate to speak up when Hoda asked her about Deen on Thursday.
“She said she’s only said the N-word once, but now that she’s lost her whole empire, I’m pretty sure she’s saying it a lot more,” Sykes cracked, although she later added, “I feel bad for her, I do.”
During an appearance last month on “The Tonight Show,” Sykes told host Jay Leno that Deen needed to stop her various public apology attempts.
“She should’ve had a friend to just tell her, ‘you need to just shut the hell up right now.’ Just sit down and shut up. She’s out here blabbing on the TV,” she said. “I thought on the TODAY show she should’ve ran out and just tongue kissed Al Roker … gave him a lap dance and said, ‘I got no problems with y’all!’”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here