*Comedian Wanda Sykes sat down with Kathie Lee and Hoda to discuss her new comedy special and her feelings on the Paula Deen controversy.
Sykes’ new show “Herlarious,” will air this weekend on the Oprah Winfrey Network. She almost didn’t make it to the interview after falling asleep on the train and missing her original flight.
“I was drinking the night before, if you really want to know,” she said, when asked why she had missed her stop.
The comedian has voiced her opinion about Paula Deen in the past and has now stated that she does in fact feel bad for her.
You may recall Sykes making headlines after criticizing the celebrity cook for the way she handled the entire racism scandal. So its no surprise that she didn’t hesitate to speak up when Hoda asked her about Deen on Thursday.
“She said she’s only said the N-word once, but now that she’s lost her whole empire, I’m pretty sure she’s saying it a lot more,” Sykes cracked, although she later added, “I feel bad for her, I do.”
During an appearance last month on “The Tonight Show,” Sykes told host Jay Leno that Deen needed to stop her various public apology attempts.
“She should’ve had a friend to just tell her, ‘you need to just shut the hell up right now.’ Just sit down and shut up. She’s out here blabbing on the TV,” she said. “I thought on the TODAY show she should’ve ran out and just tongue kissed Al Roker … gave him a lap dance and said, ‘I got no problems with y’all!’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here