*The rancid bile just keeps spewing from Ted Nugent.
In a new op-ed published Tuesday for conservative news site Rare.us, the rocker and National Rifle Association advocate argued that George Zimmerman should sue the parents of Trayvon Martin for “emotional pain and suffering.”
“George Zimmerman is thankfully and rightfully not facing any jail time for legally defending himself, but he is far from a free man,” Nugent wrote. “While there is little he can do to protect himself from a civil-rights charge by our gun-running, pro-New Black Panthers attorney general, Mr. Zimmerman may have some legal room to move regarding a wrongful death lawsuit by Trayvon Martin’s family.”
Zimmerman, who was acquitted on second-degree murder charges in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin last year, should consider suing the deceased teenager’s parents, Nugent said. The basis for the suit, according to the conservative pundit, would be that “Martin viciously attacked” Zimmerman, resulting in “great bodily harm.”
“Trayvon Martin’s vicious attack on George Zimmerman and Martin’s tragic death have no doubt surely dragged Mr. Zimmerman through 18 months of untold emotional hell, pain, distress, anguish, fatigue, nightmares and financial ruin,” he wrote. “Again, following the narrative of the pro-Trayvon media types and other race-baiters, if Trayvon Martin was a minor, then Trayvon Martin’s parents may be held liable for the emotional pain and suffering Mr. Zimmerman has been put through for the past 18 months, and surely for the rest of his life.
Nugent, who has spent a good portion of the past few years stridently advocating against gun control, has paid special attention to Zimmerman’s right to bear arms over the course of the trial.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here