*The rancid bile just keeps spewing from Ted Nugent.
In a new op-ed published Tuesday for conservative news site Rare.us, the rocker and National Rifle Association advocate argued that George Zimmerman should sue the parents of Trayvon Martin for “emotional pain and suffering.”
“George Zimmerman is thankfully and rightfully not facing any jail time for legally defending himself, but he is far from a free man,” Nugent wrote. “While there is little he can do to protect himself from a civil-rights charge by our gun-running, pro-New Black Panthers attorney general, Mr. Zimmerman may have some legal room to move regarding a wrongful death lawsuit by Trayvon Martin’s family.”
Zimmerman, who was acquitted on second-degree murder charges in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin last year, should consider suing the deceased teenager’s parents, Nugent said. The basis for the suit, according to the conservative pundit, would be that “Martin viciously attacked” Zimmerman, resulting in “great bodily harm.”
“Trayvon Martin’s vicious attack on George Zimmerman and Martin’s tragic death have no doubt surely dragged Mr. Zimmerman through 18 months of untold emotional hell, pain, distress, anguish, fatigue, nightmares and financial ruin,” he wrote. “Again, following the narrative of the pro-Trayvon media types and other race-baiters, if Trayvon Martin was a minor, then Trayvon Martin’s parents may be held liable for the emotional pain and suffering Mr. Zimmerman has been put through for the past 18 months, and surely for the rest of his life.
Nugent, who has spent a good portion of the past few years stridently advocating against gun control, has paid special attention to Zimmerman’s right to bear arms over the course of the trial.
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here