*When we last saw him last week with that puppy dog face pleading his care to the parole board, we had a feeling OJ Simpson might get some love from that parole hearing.
Yep, that’s the case. Today, the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners approved the former NFL star’s parole request.
Specifically, the 66-year-old former NFL running back has been granted parole on some charges stemming from his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery convictions involving the holdup of two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel room.
However, that doesn’t mean he’ll be leaving jail anytime soon. Unfortunately for Simpson, he was convicted on multiple charges, Simpson still faces at least four more years in prison on sentences that were ordered to run consecutively. So we guess it could be classified as a moral victory.
As we reported, last Thursday, Simpson appeared before a two-member parole panel to plead for leniency. He said he was sorry for his actions and that he’s tried to be a model inmate while behind bars.
Prison officials say he’s had no disciplinary actions against him.
Watch that hearing:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here