*When we last saw him last week with that puppy dog face pleading his care to the parole board, we had a feeling OJ Simpson might get some love from that parole hearing.
Yep, that’s the case. Today, the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners approved the former NFL star’s parole request.
Specifically, the 66-year-old former NFL running back has been granted parole on some charges stemming from his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery convictions involving the holdup of two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel room.
However, that doesn’t mean he’ll be leaving jail anytime soon. Unfortunately for Simpson, he was convicted on multiple charges, Simpson still faces at least four more years in prison on sentences that were ordered to run consecutively. So we guess it could be classified as a moral victory.
As we reported, last Thursday, Simpson appeared before a two-member parole panel to plead for leniency. He said he was sorry for his actions and that he’s tried to be a model inmate while behind bars.
Prison officials say he’s had no disciplinary actions against him.
Watch that hearing:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here