*When we last saw him last week with that puppy dog face pleading his care to the parole board, we had a feeling OJ Simpson might get some love from that parole hearing.
Yep, that’s the case. Today, the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners approved the former NFL star’s parole request.
Specifically, the 66-year-old former NFL running back has been granted parole on some charges stemming from his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery convictions involving the holdup of two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel room.
However, that doesn’t mean he’ll be leaving jail anytime soon. Unfortunately for Simpson, he was convicted on multiple charges, Simpson still faces at least four more years in prison on sentences that were ordered to run consecutively. So we guess it could be classified as a moral victory.
As we reported, last Thursday, Simpson appeared before a two-member parole panel to plead for leniency. He said he was sorry for his actions and that he’s tried to be a model inmate while behind bars.
Prison officials say he’s had no disciplinary actions against him.
Watch that hearing:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here