*When we last saw him last week with that puppy dog face pleading his care to the parole board, we had a feeling OJ Simpson might get some love from that parole hearing.
Yep, that’s the case. Today, the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners approved the former NFL star’s parole request.
Specifically, the 66-year-old former NFL running back has been granted parole on some charges stemming from his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery convictions involving the holdup of two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel room.
However, that doesn’t mean he’ll be leaving jail anytime soon. Unfortunately for Simpson, he was convicted on multiple charges, Simpson still faces at least four more years in prison on sentences that were ordered to run consecutively. So we guess it could be classified as a moral victory.
As we reported, last Thursday, Simpson appeared before a two-member parole panel to plead for leniency. He said he was sorry for his actions and that he’s tried to be a model inmate while behind bars.
Prison officials say he’s had no disciplinary actions against him.
Watch that hearing:
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here