*Tommy Chong is defending his daughter Rae Dawn Chong, telling TMZ she was just being honest when she said Oprah Winfrey would have been a “field n***er” during slavery … because that’s just the way things were.
“If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she’s not that beautiful … whereas if you’re beautiful, you’re part of the master’s bedroom,” he said.
Tommy continued: “Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae’s comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn … she probably would be working in the field.”
Also, Tommy says he doesn’t think Oprah would have stayed in the field as a slave, because she would have used her “charm and intelligence” to become a “house lady.”
And even though Rae called Oprah fat and ugly and a “brown-noser,” Tommy still believes there’s a chance Rae and O could work together again in the future.
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here