*Tommy Chong is defending his daughter Rae Dawn Chong, telling TMZ she was just being honest when she said Oprah Winfrey would have been a “field n***er” during slavery … because that’s just the way things were.
“If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she’s not that beautiful … whereas if you’re beautiful, you’re part of the master’s bedroom,” he said.
Tommy continued: “Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae’s comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn … she probably would be working in the field.”
Also, Tommy says he doesn’t think Oprah would have stayed in the field as a slave, because she would have used her “charm and intelligence” to become a “house lady.”
And even though Rae called Oprah fat and ugly and a “brown-noser,” Tommy still believes there’s a chance Rae and O could work together again in the future.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here