*Tommy Chong is defending his daughter Rae Dawn Chong, telling TMZ she was just being honest when she said Oprah Winfrey would have been a “field n***er” during slavery … because that’s just the way things were.
“If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she’s not that beautiful … whereas if you’re beautiful, you’re part of the master’s bedroom,” he said.
Tommy continued: “Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae’s comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn … she probably would be working in the field.”
Also, Tommy says he doesn’t think Oprah would have stayed in the field as a slave, because she would have used her “charm and intelligence” to become a “house lady.”
And even though Rae called Oprah fat and ugly and a “brown-noser,” Tommy still believes there’s a chance Rae and O could work together again in the future.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here