*Tommy Chong is defending his daughter Rae Dawn Chong, telling TMZ she was just being honest when she said Oprah Winfrey would have been a “field n***er” during slavery … because that’s just the way things were.
“If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she’s not that beautiful … whereas if you’re beautiful, you’re part of the master’s bedroom,” he said.
Tommy continued: “Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae’s comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn … she probably would be working in the field.”
Also, Tommy says he doesn’t think Oprah would have stayed in the field as a slave, because she would have used her “charm and intelligence” to become a “house lady.”
And even though Rae called Oprah fat and ugly and a “brown-noser,” Tommy still believes there’s a chance Rae and O could work together again in the future.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here