On Monday Fulton spoke to the National Bar Association about repealing self defense laws like Stand Your Ground around the nation. Fulton says she will use her “broken heart” to get justice for Trayvon.
Later this week she will speak at the 38th Annual National Association of Black Journalists Convention in Kissemee, Fla. On August 17 attorney Benjamin Crump will join Fulton in Phoenix, Az. for a panel discussion on racial profiling. To be facilitated by Activist/Author Fatimah Halim, founder of the “Rites of Passage Programs for Youth,” the goal of the discussion is to examine the systemic impact of race bias and profiling on communities of color.
The panel will address issues confronting minority men such as illiteracy, unemployment, urban violence, disproportionate incarceration and premature death.
Featured panelists from the literary, legal and entertainment genres are as follows:
Charlene Tarver – United States Supreme Court attorney -Tarver Law Group.
Rick “Freeway” Ross – Former trafficker best known for the “drug empire” he presided over in Los Angeles, CA in the early 1980s.
Dr. Ray Winbush – Scholar/activist in the field of developmental psychology of African boys; Director of the Institute for Urban Research at Morgan State University (Baltimore, Maryland).
Alex Munoz- Director and documentary filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, and founder of FYI: Films by Youth Inside, a non-profit organization that teaches film production to incarcerated youth.
Roger “Rampage” McNair – Multi-platinum rap artist and hip hop mogul. Former 1st Lieutenant of Flipmode Squad. Rampage has collaborated with and been featured on numerous platinum and multi-platinum projects with Busta Rhymes, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys and Mariah Carey.
Racial Profiling: Life to Death
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Memorial Hall, Steele Indian School Park, Phoenix, AZ For more information
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here