On Monday Fulton spoke to the National Bar Association about repealing self defense laws like Stand Your Ground around the nation. Fulton says she will use her “broken heart” to get justice for Trayvon.
Later this week she will speak at the 38th Annual National Association of Black Journalists Convention in Kissemee, Fla. On August 17 attorney Benjamin Crump will join Fulton in Phoenix, Az. for a panel discussion on racial profiling. To be facilitated by Activist/Author Fatimah Halim, founder of the “Rites of Passage Programs for Youth,” the goal of the discussion is to examine the systemic impact of race bias and profiling on communities of color.
The panel will address issues confronting minority men such as illiteracy, unemployment, urban violence, disproportionate incarceration and premature death.
Featured panelists from the literary, legal and entertainment genres are as follows:
Charlene Tarver – United States Supreme Court attorney -Tarver Law Group.
Rick “Freeway” Ross – Former trafficker best known for the “drug empire” he presided over in Los Angeles, CA in the early 1980s.
Dr. Ray Winbush – Scholar/activist in the field of developmental psychology of African boys; Director of the Institute for Urban Research at Morgan State University (Baltimore, Maryland).
Alex Munoz- Director and documentary filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, and founder of FYI: Films by Youth Inside, a non-profit organization that teaches film production to incarcerated youth.
Roger “Rampage” McNair – Multi-platinum rap artist and hip hop mogul. Former 1st Lieutenant of Flipmode Squad. Rampage has collaborated with and been featured on numerous platinum and multi-platinum projects with Busta Rhymes, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys and Mariah Carey.
Racial Profiling: Life to Death
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Memorial Hall, Steele Indian School Park, Phoenix, AZ For more information
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here