On Monday Fulton spoke to the National Bar Association about repealing self defense laws like Stand Your Ground around the nation. Fulton says she will use her “broken heart” to get justice for Trayvon.
Later this week she will speak at the 38th Annual National Association of Black Journalists Convention in Kissemee, Fla. On August 17 attorney Benjamin Crump will join Fulton in Phoenix, Az. for a panel discussion on racial profiling. To be facilitated by Activist/Author Fatimah Halim, founder of the “Rites of Passage Programs for Youth,” the goal of the discussion is to examine the systemic impact of race bias and profiling on communities of color.
The panel will address issues confronting minority men such as illiteracy, unemployment, urban violence, disproportionate incarceration and premature death.
Featured panelists from the literary, legal and entertainment genres are as follows:
Charlene Tarver – United States Supreme Court attorney -Tarver Law Group.
Rick “Freeway” Ross – Former trafficker best known for the “drug empire” he presided over in Los Angeles, CA in the early 1980s.
Dr. Ray Winbush – Scholar/activist in the field of developmental psychology of African boys; Director of the Institute for Urban Research at Morgan State University (Baltimore, Maryland).
Alex Munoz- Director and documentary filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, and founder of FYI: Films by Youth Inside, a non-profit organization that teaches film production to incarcerated youth.
Roger “Rampage” McNair – Multi-platinum rap artist and hip hop mogul. Former 1st Lieutenant of Flipmode Squad. Rampage has collaborated with and been featured on numerous platinum and multi-platinum projects with Busta Rhymes, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys and Mariah Carey.
Racial Profiling: Life to Death
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Memorial Hall, Steele Indian School Park, Phoenix, AZ For more information
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here