However, some think it may not have been a good idea. That’s because she told Cooper that even though she’s convinced George Zimmerman’s guilty, personally she doesn’t believe that he picked Trayvon out because he was black.
The interview was emotional and when Cooper asked Stanley if she was watching the trial, she answered tearfully, “It’s hard for me to see and hear the things that led to his death.”
In discussing her relationship with Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, she spoke on how he stopped speaking to her once the media entered the picture.
“He would just he was busy.”
Cooper asked about the testimony of Trayvon’s friend, Rachel Jeantel, who said Martin referred to Zimmerman as a “creepy-ass cracker.” Stanley responded, “Kids gonna be kids,” adding that she never heard Trayvon use those words.
Getting back to Zimmerman and the racial element, Anderson Cooper asked Alicia Stanley if she thinks race was a factor in how Zimmerman singled out Martin.
“No, I really don’t think it was Zimmerman don’t like black people, or he picked him out because he was black. Did he profile him with the hoodie and stuff like that as this thug, whatever, walking, in Zimmerman’s mind? Yes, but to say that he targeted him because he was black? No, I don’t–I don’t think so.”
Stanley, who spent 14 years helping raise Trayvon, became emotional again when talking about how painful it was to not be able to sit in the front row at her slain stepson’s funeral.
“They told me to ‘get in where I fit in,’ ” Stanley said, getting choked up. “I can’t sit on the front row at my son’s funeral to see him home. That hurt me, that was the most painful thing they could do to me.”
She also told Cooper that it would be “heartbreaking” and “unbelievable” if George Zimmerman is found not guilty.
Check out the interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' with KMEL & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here