*There aren’t too many Snoop Dogg films that are suitable for children, but his latest effort, a voice role in the DreamWorks Animation flick “Turbo,” has the one-time gangsta rapper playing a loveable snail who helps one of his own gastropods accomplish a lifelong dream.
Snoop lived out a dream of his own this year, releasing a reggae CD “Reincarnated” and documentary of the same name, which captured his weed-fueled transformation into Snoop Lion and introduction to the Rastafarian culture while recording the “Reincarnated” album in Jamaica.
In “Turbo,” the only smoke blowing is from the tailpipes of race cars. Snoop plays a laid back snail named Smoove Move, who joins fellow crew members Burn (Maya Rudolph), Skidmark (Ben Schwartz), White Shadow (Michael Bell) and their leader Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson) to help the new homie Turbo (Ryan Reynolds) – who moves with lightening speed thanks to a nitrous oxide mishap – achieve his dream of racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Snoop tells us how “awesome” it was to watch Smoove Move evolve from its beginning stages.
“Turbo” is due in theaters on July 17. Watch the trailer below, followed by footage of Snoop voicing Smoove Move in the booth.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here