*There aren’t too many Snoop Dogg films that are suitable for children, but his latest effort, a voice role in the DreamWorks Animation flick “Turbo,” has the one-time gangsta rapper playing a loveable snail who helps one of his own gastropods accomplish a lifelong dream.
Snoop lived out a dream of his own this year, releasing a reggae CD “Reincarnated” and documentary of the same name, which captured his weed-fueled transformation into Snoop Lion and introduction to the Rastafarian culture while recording the “Reincarnated” album in Jamaica.
In “Turbo,” the only smoke blowing is from the tailpipes of race cars. Snoop plays a laid back snail named Smoove Move, who joins fellow crew members Burn (Maya Rudolph), Skidmark (Ben Schwartz), White Shadow (Michael Bell) and their leader Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson) to help the new homie Turbo (Ryan Reynolds) – who moves with lightening speed thanks to a nitrous oxide mishap – achieve his dream of racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Snoop tells us how “awesome” it was to watch Smoove Move evolve from its beginning stages.
“Turbo” is due in theaters on July 17. Watch the trailer below, followed by footage of Snoop voicing Smoove Move in the booth.
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here