*There aren’t too many Snoop Dogg films that are suitable for children, but his latest effort, a voice role in the DreamWorks Animation flick “Turbo,” has the one-time gangsta rapper playing a loveable snail who helps one of his own gastropods accomplish a lifelong dream.
Snoop lived out a dream of his own this year, releasing a reggae CD “Reincarnated” and documentary of the same name, which captured his weed-fueled transformation into Snoop Lion and introduction to the Rastafarian culture while recording the “Reincarnated” album in Jamaica.
In “Turbo,” the only smoke blowing is from the tailpipes of race cars. Snoop plays a laid back snail named Smoove Move, who joins fellow crew members Burn (Maya Rudolph), Skidmark (Ben Schwartz), White Shadow (Michael Bell) and their leader Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson) to help the new homie Turbo (Ryan Reynolds) – who moves with lightening speed thanks to a nitrous oxide mishap – achieve his dream of racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Snoop tells us how “awesome” it was to watch Smoove Move evolve from its beginning stages.
“Turbo” is due in theaters on July 17. Watch the trailer below, followed by footage of Snoop voicing Smoove Move in the booth.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here