*There aren’t too many Snoop Dogg films that are suitable for children, but his latest effort, a voice role in the DreamWorks Animation flick “Turbo,” has the one-time gangsta rapper playing a loveable snail who helps one of his own gastropods accomplish a lifelong dream.
Snoop lived out a dream of his own this year, releasing a reggae CD “Reincarnated” and documentary of the same name, which captured his weed-fueled transformation into Snoop Lion and introduction to the Rastafarian culture while recording the “Reincarnated” album in Jamaica.
In “Turbo,” the only smoke blowing is from the tailpipes of race cars. Snoop plays a laid back snail named Smoove Move, who joins fellow crew members Burn (Maya Rudolph), Skidmark (Ben Schwartz), White Shadow (Michael Bell) and their leader Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson) to help the new homie Turbo (Ryan Reynolds) – who moves with lightening speed thanks to a nitrous oxide mishap – achieve his dream of racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Snoop tells us how “awesome” it was to watch Smoove Move evolve from its beginning stages.
“Turbo” is due in theaters on July 17. Watch the trailer below, followed by footage of Snoop voicing Smoove Move in the booth.
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here