*There aren’t too many Snoop Dogg films that are suitable for children, but his latest effort, a voice role in the DreamWorks Animation flick “Turbo,” has the one-time gangsta rapper playing a loveable snail who helps one of his own gastropods accomplish a lifelong dream.
Snoop lived out a dream of his own this year, releasing a reggae CD “Reincarnated” and documentary of the same name, which captured his weed-fueled transformation into Snoop Lion and introduction to the Rastafarian culture while recording the “Reincarnated” album in Jamaica.
In “Turbo,” the only smoke blowing is from the tailpipes of race cars. Snoop plays a laid back snail named Smoove Move, who joins fellow crew members Burn (Maya Rudolph), Skidmark (Ben Schwartz), White Shadow (Michael Bell) and their leader Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson) to help the new homie Turbo (Ryan Reynolds) – who moves with lightening speed thanks to a nitrous oxide mishap – achieve his dream of racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Snoop tells us how “awesome” it was to watch Smoove Move evolve from its beginning stages.
“Turbo” is due in theaters on July 17. Watch the trailer below, followed by footage of Snoop voicing Smoove Move in the booth.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here