*Samuel L. Jackson fans aren’t used to his presence in a film without the f-word coming out of his mouth, but his character in the animated film “Turbo” comes off as the type that would curse like a sailor…if the film wasn’t rated PG.
“In his mind he’s the undisputed leader of this group of snails,” Jackson says of his character Whiplash, part of a team of snails (including Snoop Dogg’s Smoove Move and Maya Rudolph’s Burn) whose owner puts them in snail races. “They have their own particular style. They all think of themselves as very fast and very athletic – athletic as snails could be, I guess – and they have a sort of routine and a pecking order. [Whiplash] is sort of the undisputed leader of this group of snails who’ve been coddled and decorated by their owners.”
When Turbo (Ryan Reynolds), a garden snail, gets swooped up by their owner after a run-in with some nitrous oxide makes him super fast, Whiplash and his crew help the newbie fulfill his dream to race in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Jackson speaks to those who may stay away from the film over personal issues with snails.
“Turbo” zooms into theaters on July 17. Watch an introduction of Whiplash’s crew below.
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here