*Samuel L. Jackson fans aren’t used to his presence in a film without the f-word coming out of his mouth, but his character in the animated film “Turbo” comes off as the type that would curse like a sailor…if the film wasn’t rated PG.
“In his mind he’s the undisputed leader of this group of snails,” Jackson says of his character Whiplash, part of a team of snails (including Snoop Dogg’s Smoove Move and Maya Rudolph’s Burn) whose owner puts them in snail races. “They have their own particular style. They all think of themselves as very fast and very athletic – athletic as snails could be, I guess – and they have a sort of routine and a pecking order. [Whiplash] is sort of the undisputed leader of this group of snails who’ve been coddled and decorated by their owners.”
When Turbo (Ryan Reynolds), a garden snail, gets swooped up by their owner after a run-in with some nitrous oxide makes him super fast, Whiplash and his crew help the newbie fulfill his dream to race in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Jackson speaks to those who may stay away from the film over personal issues with snails.
“Turbo” zooms into theaters on July 17. Watch an introduction of Whiplash’s crew below.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here