*Samuel L. Jackson fans aren’t used to his presence in a film without the f-word coming out of his mouth, but his character in the animated film “Turbo” comes off as the type that would curse like a sailor…if the film wasn’t rated PG.
“In his mind he’s the undisputed leader of this group of snails,” Jackson says of his character Whiplash, part of a team of snails (including Snoop Dogg’s Smoove Move and Maya Rudolph’s Burn) whose owner puts them in snail races. “They have their own particular style. They all think of themselves as very fast and very athletic – athletic as snails could be, I guess – and they have a sort of routine and a pecking order. [Whiplash] is sort of the undisputed leader of this group of snails who’ve been coddled and decorated by their owners.”
When Turbo (Ryan Reynolds), a garden snail, gets swooped up by their owner after a run-in with some nitrous oxide makes him super fast, Whiplash and his crew help the newbie fulfill his dream to race in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Jackson speaks to those who may stay away from the film over personal issues with snails.
“Turbo” zooms into theaters on July 17. Watch an introduction of Whiplash’s crew below.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here