*Samuel L. Jackson fans aren’t used to his presence in a film without the f-word coming out of his mouth, but his character in the animated film “Turbo” comes off as the type that would curse like a sailor…if the film wasn’t rated PG.
“In his mind he’s the undisputed leader of this group of snails,” Jackson says of his character Whiplash, part of a team of snails (including Snoop Dogg’s Smoove Move and Maya Rudolph’s Burn) whose owner puts them in snail races. “They have their own particular style. They all think of themselves as very fast and very athletic – athletic as snails could be, I guess – and they have a sort of routine and a pecking order. [Whiplash] is sort of the undisputed leader of this group of snails who’ve been coddled and decorated by their owners.”
When Turbo (Ryan Reynolds), a garden snail, gets swooped up by their owner after a run-in with some nitrous oxide makes him super fast, Whiplash and his crew help the newbie fulfill his dream to race in the Indianapolis 500.
Below, Jackson speaks to those who may stay away from the film over personal issues with snails.
“Turbo” zooms into theaters on July 17. Watch an introduction of Whiplash’s crew below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here