*Usher sparked controversy for choosing four of his own songs to play as he curated the Macy’s 4th of July Firework display on Thursday.
He chose to play his songs “Euphoria,” “Yeah!,” “OMG” and David Guetta’s “Without You” which he is featured on. He also picked songs by Rihanna, Jay-Z, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Sinatra.
Viewers took to Twitter to ponder if Usher was promoting himself more than celebrating the Fourth of July.
The New York Daily News notes one user wrote: “How much $ did usher pay to get every song he ever recorded played in the NYCity firework mix tape #notmad #justcurious.”
Another wrote “By the way…we’re all those Usher songs appropriate for the Macy’s July 4th Extravaganza from New York City? Maybe one song, not five!”
Before the event, he told the Daily News, “Me curating, it’s far more than me just showing up and allowing my name to be on a bill. I wanted to represent America. I wanted people to understand something more about me artistically.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here