*Usher sparked controversy for choosing four of his own songs to play as he curated the Macy’s 4th of July Firework display on Thursday.
He chose to play his songs “Euphoria,” “Yeah!,” “OMG” and David Guetta’s “Without You” which he is featured on. He also picked songs by Rihanna, Jay-Z, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Sinatra.
Viewers took to Twitter to ponder if Usher was promoting himself more than celebrating the Fourth of July.
The New York Daily News notes one user wrote: “How much $ did usher pay to get every song he ever recorded played in the NYCity firework mix tape #notmad #justcurious.”
Another wrote “By the way…we’re all those Usher songs appropriate for the Macy’s July 4th Extravaganza from New York City? Maybe one song, not five!”
Before the event, he told the Daily News, “Me curating, it’s far more than me just showing up and allowing my name to be on a bill. I wanted to represent America. I wanted people to understand something more about me artistically.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here