*Usher sparked controversy for choosing four of his own songs to play as he curated the Macy’s 4th of July Firework display on Thursday.
He chose to play his songs “Euphoria,” “Yeah!,” “OMG” and David Guetta’s “Without You” which he is featured on. He also picked songs by Rihanna, Jay-Z, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Sinatra.
Viewers took to Twitter to ponder if Usher was promoting himself more than celebrating the Fourth of July.
The New York Daily News notes one user wrote: “How much $ did usher pay to get every song he ever recorded played in the NYCity firework mix tape #notmad #justcurious.”
Another wrote “By the way…we’re all those Usher songs appropriate for the Macy’s July 4th Extravaganza from New York City? Maybe one song, not five!”
Before the event, he told the Daily News, “Me curating, it’s far more than me just showing up and allowing my name to be on a bill. I wanted to represent America. I wanted people to understand something more about me artistically.”
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here