*Usher sparked controversy for choosing four of his own songs to play as he curated the Macy’s 4th of July Firework display on Thursday.
He chose to play his songs “Euphoria,” “Yeah!,” “OMG” and David Guetta’s “Without You” which he is featured on. He also picked songs by Rihanna, Jay-Z, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Sinatra.
Viewers took to Twitter to ponder if Usher was promoting himself more than celebrating the Fourth of July.
The New York Daily News notes one user wrote: “How much $ did usher pay to get every song he ever recorded played in the NYCity firework mix tape #notmad #justcurious.”
Another wrote “By the way…we’re all those Usher songs appropriate for the Macy’s July 4th Extravaganza from New York City? Maybe one song, not five!”
Before the event, he told the Daily News, “Me curating, it’s far more than me just showing up and allowing my name to be on a bill. I wanted to represent America. I wanted people to understand something more about me artistically.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here