*D.C. rapper Wale, whose album “The Gifted” debuted at No. 1 this month, was kicked off his American Airlines flight in Raleigh-Durham Tuesday night.
“Got put off the plane,” he wrote just before 11 p.m. “For having my phone on.” He added later that “it was off. Honestly.”
Wale compared his story to Alec Baldwin’s account of being thrown off an AA flight in 2011, which was later confirmed by the airlines, after he was warned by the flight crew about his phone but kept it on anyway.
A rep for American Airlines did confirm that a flight from Atlanta to LaGuardia had to stop in Raleigh-Durham due to two disruptive passengers but could not reveal who those two people were. According to Wale’s tweets the flight’s departure and arrivals line up with the one he was said to be on.
However, on Thursday, airport officials reported that there was actually on one person who made trouble on the flight and that was a woman who was arrested. Wale’s tweets indicated that there were two other passengers that got in trouble with the crew on his flight.
Wale implied in a tweet that law enforcement interacted with him: “The pilot and I were havin a civil [conversation] until the police showed up. THAT’S when he started yellin and gettin aggressive.”
There was no arrest report with Wale’s name on it, according to one of the airport’s spokeswoman. Judging by Wale’s timeline messages that night, he did not end up detained after allegedly being put off the flight.
“Where the party at in Raleigh tonight?”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here