*D.C. rapper Wale, whose album “The Gifted” debuted at No. 1 this month, was kicked off his American Airlines flight in Raleigh-Durham Tuesday night.
“Got put off the plane,” he wrote just before 11 p.m. “For having my phone on.” He added later that “it was off. Honestly.”
Wale compared his story to Alec Baldwin’s account of being thrown off an AA flight in 2011, which was later confirmed by the airlines, after he was warned by the flight crew about his phone but kept it on anyway.
A rep for American Airlines did confirm that a flight from Atlanta to LaGuardia had to stop in Raleigh-Durham due to two disruptive passengers but could not reveal who those two people were. According to Wale’s tweets the flight’s departure and arrivals line up with the one he was said to be on.
However, on Thursday, airport officials reported that there was actually on one person who made trouble on the flight and that was a woman who was arrested. Wale’s tweets indicated that there were two other passengers that got in trouble with the crew on his flight.
Wale implied in a tweet that law enforcement interacted with him: “The pilot and I were havin a civil [conversation] until the police showed up. THAT’S when he started yellin and gettin aggressive.”
There was no arrest report with Wale’s name on it, according to one of the airport’s spokeswoman. Judging by Wale’s timeline messages that night, he did not end up detained after allegedly being put off the flight.
“Where the party at in Raleigh tonight?”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here