One of our most influential politicians and former member of Congress has passed away.
Former U.S. Rep. William H. Gray III, suddenly died while with one of his sons in London at the Wimbledon tennis championship, Monday.
He was 71. But Gray was much more than a politician as he lived a multi-faceted life as a businessman and pastor.
Gray was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and graduated from Franklin & Marshall College. He also attended Drew Theological Seminary in New Jersey City, New Jersey, before entering politics and being elected as a Democrat to Congress in 1978.
He rose through the ranks of politics rapidly serving as chairman of the powerful budget committee and became the first African American Majority Whip of the U.S. House.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here