One of our most influential politicians and former member of Congress has passed away.
Former U.S. Rep. William H. Gray III, suddenly died while with one of his sons in London at the Wimbledon tennis championship, Monday.
He was 71. But Gray was much more than a politician as he lived a multi-faceted life as a businessman and pastor.
Gray was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and graduated from Franklin & Marshall College. He also attended Drew Theological Seminary in New Jersey City, New Jersey, before entering politics and being elected as a Democrat to Congress in 1978.
He rose through the ranks of politics rapidly serving as chairman of the powerful budget committee and became the first African American Majority Whip of the U.S. House.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here