*Harvey Weinstein has enlisted the civil rights leader trio comprised of Jesse Jackson (Operation PUSH), NAACP president & CEO Ben Jealous, and National Chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality, Roy Innis, in his fight against Warner Bros. over the use of the title “The Butler.”
The trio released a statement in support of Harvey Weinstein and the Lee Daniels-directed film:
“We are all watching and waiting for the results of today’s arbitration and hoping that Warner Bros. and the MPAA make the right decision on this important movie about civil rights.”
The Weinstein Co.’s lawyer David Boies has been battling Warner Bros to no avail to secure the title for upcoming movie. With “The Butler” opening in just under a month, August 16, Boies has made yet another attempt at the title in an appeal hearing of the MPAA’s Title Registration Bureau.
It’ll be interesting to see if the civil rights trio will have any positive influence in the case that will help Weinstein.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here