*Harvey Weinstein has enlisted the civil rights leader trio comprised of Jesse Jackson (Operation PUSH), NAACP president & CEO Ben Jealous, and National Chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality, Roy Innis, in his fight against Warner Bros. over the use of the title “The Butler.”
The trio released a statement in support of Harvey Weinstein and the Lee Daniels-directed film:
“We are all watching and waiting for the results of today’s arbitration and hoping that Warner Bros. and the MPAA make the right decision on this important movie about civil rights.”
The Weinstein Co.’s lawyer David Boies has been battling Warner Bros to no avail to secure the title for upcoming movie. With “The Butler” opening in just under a month, August 16, Boies has made yet another attempt at the title in an appeal hearing of the MPAA’s Title Registration Bureau.
It’ll be interesting to see if the civil rights trio will have any positive influence in the case that will help Weinstein.
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here