*Harvey Weinstein has enlisted the civil rights leader trio comprised of Jesse Jackson (Operation PUSH), NAACP president & CEO Ben Jealous, and National Chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality, Roy Innis, in his fight against Warner Bros. over the use of the title “The Butler.”
The trio released a statement in support of Harvey Weinstein and the Lee Daniels-directed film:
“We are all watching and waiting for the results of today’s arbitration and hoping that Warner Bros. and the MPAA make the right decision on this important movie about civil rights.”
The Weinstein Co.’s lawyer David Boies has been battling Warner Bros to no avail to secure the title for upcoming movie. With “The Butler” opening in just under a month, August 16, Boies has made yet another attempt at the title in an appeal hearing of the MPAA’s Title Registration Bureau.
It’ll be interesting to see if the civil rights trio will have any positive influence in the case that will help Weinstein.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here