*Out of work (former Florida congressman) Allen West is so predictable.
In the wake of President Obama‘s speech about the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial where he recounted being followed in a mall and hearing locks clicking on doors when he passed by, West of course took the opportunity to say that he’s that has never happened to him.
“I am a black male who grew up in the inner city of Atlanta and no one ever followed me in a mall. I don’t recall any doors clicking when I crossed the street. And I never had anyone clutching their handbag when I got on an elevator. I guess having two awesome parents who taught me to be a respectful young man paid dividends.” – Allen West
As the theGrio‘s Joy Ann Reid points out, West may disagree with President Obama (and a majority of African-Americans) about the experience of being a black man in America, but his opinion on the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case isn’t in total alignment with fellow conservatives like Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, who have embraced Zimmerman completely.
In March 2012, before Zimmerman’s arrest and amid mass protests in Sanford and around the country, West said Zimmerman had “no authorization” to shoot Martin, adding: “this is a self-made head of a community neighborhood watch. That’s where my concern is.” He called the shooting an “outrage” on his Facebook page and joined calls for a federal probe:
“Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason,” West wrote. “I have signed a letter supporting a [Department of Justice] investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage.”
Now of course, he’s come full circle. On his Facebook page on the day after the verdict, West also lashed out at “the usual suspect race baiters and progressive media” who he said are using the case “for political gain.”
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here