*Out of work (former Florida congressman) Allen West is so predictable.
In the wake of President Obama‘s speech about the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial where he recounted being followed in a mall and hearing locks clicking on doors when he passed by, West of course took the opportunity to say that he’s that has never happened to him.
“I am a black male who grew up in the inner city of Atlanta and no one ever followed me in a mall. I don’t recall any doors clicking when I crossed the street. And I never had anyone clutching their handbag when I got on an elevator. I guess having two awesome parents who taught me to be a respectful young man paid dividends.” – Allen West
As the theGrio‘s Joy Ann Reid points out, West may disagree with President Obama (and a majority of African-Americans) about the experience of being a black man in America, but his opinion on the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case isn’t in total alignment with fellow conservatives like Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, who have embraced Zimmerman completely.
In March 2012, before Zimmerman’s arrest and amid mass protests in Sanford and around the country, West said Zimmerman had “no authorization” to shoot Martin, adding: “this is a self-made head of a community neighborhood watch. That’s where my concern is.” He called the shooting an “outrage” on his Facebook page and joined calls for a federal probe:
“Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason,” West wrote. “I have signed a letter supporting a [Department of Justice] investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage.”
Now of course, he’s come full circle. On his Facebook page on the day after the verdict, West also lashed out at “the usual suspect race baiters and progressive media” who he said are using the case “for political gain.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here