*Whoa! A “Scandal” it’s not, but it’s certainly a newsbreaker!
Actress Kerry Washington, 36, is now a married woman. She and 31-year-old Nnamdi Asomugha, a cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers got hitched last month (June 24) in Blaine County, Idaho, E! News is reporting.
Who knew the couple had even been dating? Well, sports gossip site TerezOwens.com supposedly was the first media outlet to find out about Washington and Asomugha. Apparently they’ve been dating – on the downlow – since last summer.
Asomugha, a three-time Pro Bowler played 8 seasons with the Oakland Raiders, who drafted him following his graduation from UC Berkeley in 2003 and the Philadelphia Eagles for two before signing with the 49ers in April. The athlete also has an acting resume as well. He’s appeared on “The Game,” “Friday Night Lights” and “Leverage” in recent years.
Like his bride, Asomugha is also a dedicated activist and philanthropist and he has participated in the Clinton Global Initiative every year since 2009.
This is the first marriage for Washington, 36, who went from generally lovely actress to mega-star over the past year thanks to her breakout roles playing not-to-be-messed-with political fixer Olivia Pope on ABC’s Scandal and Jamie Foxx’s enslaved wife Broomhilda von Shaft in Django Unchained.
You can read more at E! News.
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here