*Whoa! A “Scandal” it’s not, but it’s certainly a newsbreaker!
Actress Kerry Washington, 36, is now a married woman. She and 31-year-old Nnamdi Asomugha, a cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers got hitched last month (June 24) in Blaine County, Idaho, E! News is reporting.
Who knew the couple had even been dating? Well, sports gossip site TerezOwens.com supposedly was the first media outlet to find out about Washington and Asomugha. Apparently they’ve been dating – on the downlow – since last summer.
Asomugha, a three-time Pro Bowler played 8 seasons with the Oakland Raiders, who drafted him following his graduation from UC Berkeley in 2003 and the Philadelphia Eagles for two before signing with the 49ers in April. The athlete also has an acting resume as well. He’s appeared on “The Game,” “Friday Night Lights” and “Leverage” in recent years.
Like his bride, Asomugha is also a dedicated activist and philanthropist and he has participated in the Clinton Global Initiative every year since 2009.
This is the first marriage for Washington, 36, who went from generally lovely actress to mega-star over the past year thanks to her breakout roles playing not-to-be-messed-with political fixer Olivia Pope on ABC’s Scandal and Jamie Foxx’s enslaved wife Broomhilda von Shaft in Django Unchained.
You can read more at E! News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here