*Whoa! A “Scandal” it’s not, but it’s certainly a newsbreaker!
Actress Kerry Washington, 36, is now a married woman. She and 31-year-old Nnamdi Asomugha, a cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers got hitched last month (June 24) in Blaine County, Idaho, E! News is reporting.
Who knew the couple had even been dating? Well, sports gossip site TerezOwens.com supposedly was the first media outlet to find out about Washington and Asomugha. Apparently they’ve been dating – on the downlow – since last summer.
Asomugha, a three-time Pro Bowler played 8 seasons with the Oakland Raiders, who drafted him following his graduation from UC Berkeley in 2003 and the Philadelphia Eagles for two before signing with the 49ers in April. The athlete also has an acting resume as well. He’s appeared on “The Game,” “Friday Night Lights” and “Leverage” in recent years.
Like his bride, Asomugha is also a dedicated activist and philanthropist and he has participated in the Clinton Global Initiative every year since 2009.
This is the first marriage for Washington, 36, who went from generally lovely actress to mega-star over the past year thanks to her breakout roles playing not-to-be-messed-with political fixer Olivia Pope on ABC’s Scandal and Jamie Foxx’s enslaved wife Broomhilda von Shaft in Django Unchained.
You can read more at E! News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here