*Whoopi Goldberg had a memorable exchange with George Zimmerman‘s defense attorneys on Monday’s broadcast of “The View.”
Mark O’Mara and Don West, who have gone on a media tour following Zimmerman’s acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin, sat down with Goldberg, Barbara Walters, and guest host Dan Abrams to discuss their court victory.
Goldberg first asked about why Zimmerman hadn’t simply hit Martin instead of shooting him.
“If George Zimmerman is on his back on the ground, why wouldn’t George just hit him and knock him off him?” she asked. “Because I don’t understand the need to shoot and kill him. See, because, to me, when you kill somebody, there’s an issue.”
When West started to describe the extent of the fight, Goldberg interrupted.
“He was able to get his hand out. He was able to move the gun this way. If he was able to do that, why could he have not…hit him in the kidneys?” she asked.
Later, the attorneys were discussing the possibility of a federal civil rights investigation into the case.
“Didn’t George Zimmerman first spot him because this was a young black man?” Goldberg asked.
“I think in part, absolutely,” O’Mara said. He then asked if someone could never be suspicious just because they were black.
“Walking down the street, I kind of think no!” Goldberg said. “Because I’m black and [if] I’m walking down the street and somebody says, ‘hey, I think you might snatch my pocketbook,’ I’d be a little pissed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here