*Whoopi Goldberg had a memorable exchange with George Zimmerman‘s defense attorneys on Monday’s broadcast of “The View.”
Mark O’Mara and Don West, who have gone on a media tour following Zimmerman’s acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin, sat down with Goldberg, Barbara Walters, and guest host Dan Abrams to discuss their court victory.
Goldberg first asked about why Zimmerman hadn’t simply hit Martin instead of shooting him.
“If George Zimmerman is on his back on the ground, why wouldn’t George just hit him and knock him off him?” she asked. “Because I don’t understand the need to shoot and kill him. See, because, to me, when you kill somebody, there’s an issue.”
When West started to describe the extent of the fight, Goldberg interrupted.
“He was able to get his hand out. He was able to move the gun this way. If he was able to do that, why could he have not…hit him in the kidneys?” she asked.
Later, the attorneys were discussing the possibility of a federal civil rights investigation into the case.
“Didn’t George Zimmerman first spot him because this was a young black man?” Goldberg asked.
“I think in part, absolutely,” O’Mara said. He then asked if someone could never be suspicious just because they were black.
“Walking down the street, I kind of think no!” Goldberg said. “Because I’m black and [if] I’m walking down the street and somebody says, ‘hey, I think you might snatch my pocketbook,’ I’d be a little pissed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here