On Friday, after 18 months of drama, Deion and Pilar are officially no longer husband and wife. His prenup stood up, so we guess you could say he won, but it might not be over.
The contentious divorce for Deion and Pilar Sanders was finalized Friday, 18 months after the former Dallas Cowboy and Hall of Famer filed for the split in district court in Collin County.
On other hand, according to Pilar’s attorney, Larry Friedman, the case is not over. His reasoning is that District Judge Ray Wheless has severed multiple tort claims brought by Pilar Sanders into a separate case that will be heard by a jury. Those allegations range from fraud and breach of fiduciary duty to mental distress and physical abuse, reports the Dallas News.
Well, the pending legal action didn’t stop Deion Sanders from rejoicing via Twitter:
“Thank God Thank God! This 2 year Drama filled divorce is over. Prenup stood, Custody of All kids, pay yo own fees! God is Faithful! Truth”
He also had this advice for the fellas. Basically, don’t do what he did.
“Men listen closely! Don’t choose a woman with your flesh choose her with your spirit and heart. Yo flesh will lie until you flesh die. Truth”
Meanwhile, even though some minor changes were made related to the split, the larger issues remain unchanged. The couple’s three children will live with Deion, but Pilar gets visitation. He’ll keep the mansion in Prosper, Texas and she is responsible for her own legal fees.
No date has been set on the jury trial. On top of that, civil claims are also pending, reports the Dallas News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here