*George Zimmerman will get his gun back following his acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin — and his attorney believes he needs it “even more” than before.
“‘Yes. [There’s] even more reason now, isn’t there? There are a lot of people out there who actually hate him, though they shouldn’t,” Mark O’Mara told ABC News. [Scroll down to watch.]
Zimmerman, 29, was found not guilty Saturday night on charges of second degree murder. Under Florida law, all evidence used in the case will be released, including the Kel Tec 9 pistol Zimmerman used to kill Martin.
O’Mara, who led Zimmerman’s defense, said that his client plans to continue carrying the weapon and now wears a protective vest when he appears in public, report ABC News.
“I think that he feels truly in his heart that if he did not have that weapon that night he might not be here,” O’Mara said. “[He] would have continued to get beat even though he was screaming for help.”
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here