*George Zimmerman will get his gun back following his acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin — and his attorney believes he needs it “even more” than before.
“‘Yes. [There’s] even more reason now, isn’t there? There are a lot of people out there who actually hate him, though they shouldn’t,” Mark O’Mara told ABC News. [Scroll down to watch.]
Zimmerman, 29, was found not guilty Saturday night on charges of second degree murder. Under Florida law, all evidence used in the case will be released, including the Kel Tec 9 pistol Zimmerman used to kill Martin.
O’Mara, who led Zimmerman’s defense, said that his client plans to continue carrying the weapon and now wears a protective vest when he appears in public, report ABC News.
“I think that he feels truly in his heart that if he did not have that weapon that night he might not be here,” O’Mara said. “[He] would have continued to get beat even though he was screaming for help.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here