*Rapper 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
According to the Associated Press, 50 stood silently before the judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and was forbidden from contacting her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old rap star was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 for a pretrial hearing.
Narvarez, who said she had a three-year relationship with Jackson, accused him of trashing her California condo and kicking her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
Police said Jackson was gone when they arrived, and they saw broken items including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
He was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted, he could face up to five years behind bars and $46,000 in fines.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here