*Rapper 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
According to the Associated Press, 50 stood silently before the judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and was forbidden from contacting her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old rap star was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 for a pretrial hearing.
Narvarez, who said she had a three-year relationship with Jackson, accused him of trashing her California condo and kicking her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
Police said Jackson was gone when they arrived, and they saw broken items including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
He was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted, he could face up to five years behind bars and $46,000 in fines.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here