*Rapper 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
According to the Associated Press, 50 stood silently before the judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and was forbidden from contacting her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old rap star was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 for a pretrial hearing.
Narvarez, who said she had a three-year relationship with Jackson, accused him of trashing her California condo and kicking her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
Police said Jackson was gone when they arrived, and they saw broken items including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
He was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted, he could face up to five years behind bars and $46,000 in fines.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here