*Rapper 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
According to the Associated Press, 50 stood silently before the judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and was forbidden from contacting her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old rap star was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 for a pretrial hearing.
Narvarez, who said she had a three-year relationship with Jackson, accused him of trashing her California condo and kicking her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
Police said Jackson was gone when they arrived, and they saw broken items including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
He was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted, he could face up to five years behind bars and $46,000 in fines.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here