*“42” actor Andre Holland will join Juliet Rylance (Sinister), Eve Hewson (Enough Said) and Michael Angarano (Empire State) opposite Clive Owen in Cinemax‘s 10-part series, “The Knick,” directed by Steven Soderbergh.
Set in downtown New York in 1900, “The Knick” centers on Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who push the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.
Holland will play Algernon, a gifted, black Harvard-trained surgeon who fights for respect in the hospital while trying to navigate his way through the racially charged turn-of-the-century NYC.
Rylance will play Cornelia, a driving force whose passionate social work at The Knick will always play second fiddle to her wealthy father’s philanthropy toward it. Hewson will play Lucy, a young, naive nurse from the South who, like tens-of-thousands of others, has come to New York for adventure and finds more of it than she ever thought she would. Angarano will play Dr. Bertram “Bertie” Chickering Jr., an eager surgeon-in-training who gives up the chance to practice uptown in a wealthy hospital, for the romance and excitement of learning from a groundbreaking surgeon in the chaotic, downtown world of The Knick.
Production is set to begin in New York in late September.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here