*“42” actor Andre Holland will join Juliet Rylance (Sinister), Eve Hewson (Enough Said) and Michael Angarano (Empire State) opposite Clive Owen in Cinemax‘s 10-part series, “The Knick,” directed by Steven Soderbergh.
Set in downtown New York in 1900, “The Knick” centers on Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who push the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.
Holland will play Algernon, a gifted, black Harvard-trained surgeon who fights for respect in the hospital while trying to navigate his way through the racially charged turn-of-the-century NYC.
Rylance will play Cornelia, a driving force whose passionate social work at The Knick will always play second fiddle to her wealthy father’s philanthropy toward it. Hewson will play Lucy, a young, naive nurse from the South who, like tens-of-thousands of others, has come to New York for adventure and finds more of it than she ever thought she would. Angarano will play Dr. Bertram “Bertie” Chickering Jr., an eager surgeon-in-training who gives up the chance to practice uptown in a wealthy hospital, for the romance and excitement of learning from a groundbreaking surgeon in the chaotic, downtown world of The Knick.
Production is set to begin in New York in late September.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here