*Ang Lee, who won the Oscar for directing “Life Of Pi,” will next take his 3D camera technology to Universal Pictures for “an epic look at the boxing world of the 1960s and 1970s, as seen through the prism of its biggest rivalries and greatest fights,” reports Deadline.com’s Mike Fleming Jr.
The footage will include the showdown between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali that was called the Thrilla In Manila. Peter Morgan will write the script.
The movie will have a narrative that connects the 3D depiction of some of boxing’s great fights, and Lee will produce the film with his longtime producing partner James Schamus.
Schamus, who is CEO of Universal-based Focus Features, has collaborated in a writing/producing capacity with Lee on films that range from “Eat Drink Man Woman” to “Sense And Sensibility,” “The Ice Storm,” “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” “Hulk” and “Brokeback Mountain.” No one was commenting, so it was difficult to discern the narrative structure behind the movie, writes Fleming Jr., but the idea is to take the exploration of 3D technology and cutting-edge visual effects further, as James Cameron is doing on his “Avatar” sequels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here