*Ang Lee, who won the Oscar for directing “Life Of Pi,” will next take his 3D camera technology to Universal Pictures for “an epic look at the boxing world of the 1960s and 1970s, as seen through the prism of its biggest rivalries and greatest fights,” reports Deadline.com’s Mike Fleming Jr.
The footage will include the showdown between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali that was called the Thrilla In Manila. Peter Morgan will write the script.
The movie will have a narrative that connects the 3D depiction of some of boxing’s great fights, and Lee will produce the film with his longtime producing partner James Schamus.
Schamus, who is CEO of Universal-based Focus Features, has collaborated in a writing/producing capacity with Lee on films that range from “Eat Drink Man Woman” to “Sense And Sensibility,” “The Ice Storm,” “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” “Hulk” and “Brokeback Mountain.” No one was commenting, so it was difficult to discern the narrative structure behind the movie, writes Fleming Jr., but the idea is to take the exploration of 3D technology and cutting-edge visual effects further, as James Cameron is doing on his “Avatar” sequels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here