*Transgender TV personality B. Scott is suing BET, claiming the network humiliated him during the recent BET Awards by snatching him off the air because he was wearing women’s clothes.
According to TMZ, Scott claims in his lawsuit that he was hired to be the Style Stage Correspondent for the pre-show in June. At the beginning of the show, Scott claims he was wearing a flowing black tunic and black pants, all approved by BET producers.
Scott claims after the first segment of the pre-show, he was pulled backstage and told his outfit wasn’t acceptable. Scott says he was ordered to “mute the makeup, pull back his hair” and remove the women’s wear, which included heels.
Scott says that even though they forced him to change into men’s clothing, he was still removed from the show and replaced by Adrienne Bailon.
Scott says he was humiliated and suffered damage to his reputation, claiming BET is guilty of discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation.
He wants $2.5 million minimum from BET.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here