*Transgender TV personality B. Scott is suing BET, claiming the network humiliated him during the recent BET Awards by snatching him off the air because he was wearing women’s clothes.
According to TMZ, Scott claims in his lawsuit that he was hired to be the Style Stage Correspondent for the pre-show in June. At the beginning of the show, Scott claims he was wearing a flowing black tunic and black pants, all approved by BET producers.
Scott claims after the first segment of the pre-show, he was pulled backstage and told his outfit wasn’t acceptable. Scott says he was ordered to “mute the makeup, pull back his hair” and remove the women’s wear, which included heels.
Scott says that even though they forced him to change into men’s clothing, he was still removed from the show and replaced by Adrienne Bailon.
Scott says he was humiliated and suffered damage to his reputation, claiming BET is guilty of discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation.
He wants $2.5 million minimum from BET.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here