*Transgender TV personality B. Scott is suing BET, claiming the network humiliated him during the recent BET Awards by snatching him off the air because he was wearing women’s clothes.
According to TMZ, Scott claims in his lawsuit that he was hired to be the Style Stage Correspondent for the pre-show in June. At the beginning of the show, Scott claims he was wearing a flowing black tunic and black pants, all approved by BET producers.
Scott claims after the first segment of the pre-show, he was pulled backstage and told his outfit wasn’t acceptable. Scott says he was ordered to “mute the makeup, pull back his hair” and remove the women’s wear, which included heels.
Scott says that even though they forced him to change into men’s clothing, he was still removed from the show and replaced by Adrienne Bailon.
Scott says he was humiliated and suffered damage to his reputation, claiming BET is guilty of discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation.
He wants $2.5 million minimum from BET.
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here