*Building Motown and the careers of R&B greats like Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson and Marvin Gaye is arguably the greatest thing Berry Gordy has offered to the world of music.
But he’s not done yet. In an interview with the Associated Press, the 83-year-old says Broadway has always been on his career bucket list. And today, he’s going to see that dream realized.
“Motown: The Musical” highlights Berry’s journey through Motown and gives fans and audience members a chance to experience his relationships and interactions with some of the greatest artists to ever touch the mic.
“Most likely it will be my last major endeavor in a creative way,” he said in a telephone interview with AP. “Of course everyone disagrees with me when I say that statement. This is probably the epitome of everything I’ve done — that I’ve wanted to do.”
And what a spectacular event it’ll be.
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here