*Building Motown and the careers of R&B greats like Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson and Marvin Gaye is arguably the greatest thing Berry Gordy has offered to the world of music.
But he’s not done yet. In an interview with the Associated Press, the 83-year-old says Broadway has always been on his career bucket list. And today, he’s going to see that dream realized.
“Motown: The Musical” highlights Berry’s journey through Motown and gives fans and audience members a chance to experience his relationships and interactions with some of the greatest artists to ever touch the mic.
“Most likely it will be my last major endeavor in a creative way,” he said in a telephone interview with AP. “Of course everyone disagrees with me when I say that statement. This is probably the epitome of everything I’ve done — that I’ve wanted to do.”
And what a spectacular event it’ll be.
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here