*Building Motown and the careers of R&B greats like Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson and Marvin Gaye is arguably the greatest thing Berry Gordy has offered to the world of music.
But he’s not done yet. In an interview with the Associated Press, the 83-year-old says Broadway has always been on his career bucket list. And today, he’s going to see that dream realized.
“Motown: The Musical” highlights Berry’s journey through Motown and gives fans and audience members a chance to experience his relationships and interactions with some of the greatest artists to ever touch the mic.
“Most likely it will be my last major endeavor in a creative way,” he said in a telephone interview with AP. “Of course everyone disagrees with me when I say that statement. This is probably the epitome of everything I’ve done — that I’ve wanted to do.”
And what a spectacular event it’ll be.
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here