*As most of you may have know by now, Beyoncé has debuted a pixie cut that has everyone talking. She went to her stylist, Rita Hazan in Brooklyn, for the makeover.
The singer got her hair cut Tuesday night and then colored it Wednesday night. Hazan, who’s been working with Beyoncé for about a year says it was all about Bey having “a moment.”
“Her hair was long and went down her back. She’d been thinking about it for a while and she wanted to go for it and cut it. It was a moment that she had.”
Hazan describes the new look to USA Today as “old Hollywood meets modern day.”
“I started with her natural hair color. I left her base color the same and took thin pieces and highlighted them to this Champagne blond hair. It’s soft but strong at the same time.”
Contrary to some rumors, the singer’s cut had nothing to do with her hair getting stuck in a fan during her Montreal show back in July.
“No, no, not at all. I don’t think she even stopped singing. It’s insane,” says Hazan.
Meanwhile, on the left coast, the star of We TV’s “L.A. Hair” and Beyoncé’s longtime stylist, Kim Kimble, had drawn up a whole hair concept for a video they were shooting together this weekend — and now she has to go back to the drawing board.
“I had a whole plan laid out … I wanted to do a retro ‘50s type of hair. I feel like there’s going to be a meeting soon!” she tells PEOPLE, laughing. “It won’t be the long, wavy, typical hair, but I’m really excited to do something different. No matter what, she knows I’ll give her what she wants!”
Kimble says her reaction upon seeing the new do on Instagram Wednesday night was more than surprised — it was emotional.
“I got a little teary eyed!” she confesses. “I’ve been working for her so long, she has this beautiful long hair and it’s hard to grow hair out. I feel like it’s my hair, I work so much with her. I feel a little emotional but excited for her too. Maybe I’ll cut my hair off now. Short hair, don’t care!”
Many speculated that Beyoncé just removed her weave or extensions, but Kimble says:
“She had great, thick long hair, which she cut off because she’s ready to make a statement. It’s a great [one] to make: I’m beautiful, sexy, bold and I can do it all. She’s the perfect model for that: A working woman, mom, superstar, businesswoman. She’s powerful in herself. “
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here