Bishop T.D. Jakes does it again with a much anticipated MegaFest that is unlike any before. This is the very first year the event will be held in Texas, which serves as the home of his church, The Potter’s House located in Dallas.
Also, the first time Oprah Winfrey will host a Lifeclass at the event which must be purchased separately from the fest. Jakes quickly clarified that she will not be teaching a bible class when someone expressed concern about Oprah’s appearance. He said, “There’s a big difference in a Life class versus a bible class!” One topic tackled will be how to get our family back: single mothers, fatherlessness and celebrating fatherhood.
It is also the first time Jakes is implementing a film festival which “Winnie” starring Jennifer Hudson will be viewed and will also make an appearance along with Kerry Washington and others! Black Nativity starring Forrest Whitaker, Angela Bassett & Hudson will also be screened during the festival.
This family friendly festival will have concerts like, “Women of Purpose” featuring Mary Mary, Brandy, Joe and others. T.D. stated, “A plethora of R&B and Gospel artists will come together to serve the purpose.”
There will also be a comedy show hosted by Niecy Nash and Cedric the Entertainer featuring David Mann; his wife Tamela will be performing as well. This is a family focused affair with red carpet events, empowerment sessions, spiritual seminars featuring Joel Olsteen, Marvin Sapp, Creflo Dollar, etc., and health sessions with a specific focus on autism. The McDonald’s Gospel fest will also be there in full effect! Our associate, LaCora Stephens, inquired about events educating the community on politics and social issues in light of the Trayvon Martin case and T.D. Jakes responded that a possible a town hall meeting will take place.
The three day MegaFest is all within walking distance of the Dallas Convention Center and takes place on August 29-31 in Dallas, Texas. For registration and ticketed event purchase, please visit www.mega-fest.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here