*Bobby Cannavale is the latest cast addition to Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment’s urban remake of “Annie.”
The actor, coming off an Emmy-nominated performance on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” will play a bulldog political adviser to Jamie Foxx’s Benjamin Stacks character as he makes a mayoral run in New York.
Cannavale joins Quvenzhane Wallis, Cameron Diaz and Rose Byrne in the Will Gluck-directed film.
The film is set for release Christmas Day 2014.
Cannavale is currently starring in Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine.”
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here