*Bobby Cannavale is the latest cast addition to Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment’s urban remake of “Annie.”
The actor, coming off an Emmy-nominated performance on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” will play a bulldog political adviser to Jamie Foxx’s Benjamin Stacks character as he makes a mayoral run in New York.
Cannavale joins Quvenzhane Wallis, Cameron Diaz and Rose Byrne in the Will Gluck-directed film.
The film is set for release Christmas Day 2014.
Cannavale is currently starring in Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here