*Bobby Cannavale is the latest cast addition to Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment’s urban remake of “Annie.”
The actor, coming off an Emmy-nominated performance on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” will play a bulldog political adviser to Jamie Foxx’s Benjamin Stacks character as he makes a mayoral run in New York.
Cannavale joins Quvenzhane Wallis, Cameron Diaz and Rose Byrne in the Will Gluck-directed film.
The film is set for release Christmas Day 2014.
Cannavale is currently starring in Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here