*Bobby Cannavale is the latest cast addition to Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment’s urban remake of “Annie.”
The actor, coming off an Emmy-nominated performance on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” will play a bulldog political adviser to Jamie Foxx’s Benjamin Stacks character as he makes a mayoral run in New York.
Cannavale joins Quvenzhane Wallis, Cameron Diaz and Rose Byrne in the Will Gluck-directed film.
The film is set for release Christmas Day 2014.
Cannavale is currently starring in Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here