*A new era of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” kicks off next month when Cedric the Entertainer slides into the driver’s seat.
The comic follows in the tradition of other stand-up veterans who have made the transition from comedy clubs, to film and television, to game show hosts.
“Of course, Steve [Harvey] taking ‘Family Feud’ and really making the show popular again. He has a lot of fun doing it. I called him,” Ced remarked during the Television Critics Association press tour earlier this month. “Seeing other comedians who have done it – from Drew Carey switching over doing it, Wayne Brady, and Jeff Foxworthy – a lot of those guys motivated me to look at this as a great opportunity to do something fun and exciting and, you know, do a game show. I mean, I’m ready.
“Millionaire’s” original host Regis Philbin set off a fashion trend with his monochromatic shirt and ties. Ced says he plans to raise the bar with his suit and hat game. Listen below.
Cedric The Entertainer kicks off the new season of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on Monday, September 2. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here