*A new era of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” kicks off next month when Cedric the Entertainer slides into the driver’s seat.
The comic follows in the tradition of other stand-up veterans who have made the transition from comedy clubs, to film and television, to game show hosts.
“Of course, Steve [Harvey] taking ‘Family Feud’ and really making the show popular again. He has a lot of fun doing it. I called him,” Ced remarked during the Television Critics Association press tour earlier this month. “Seeing other comedians who have done it – from Drew Carey switching over doing it, Wayne Brady, and Jeff Foxworthy – a lot of those guys motivated me to look at this as a great opportunity to do something fun and exciting and, you know, do a game show. I mean, I’m ready.
“Millionaire’s” original host Regis Philbin set off a fashion trend with his monochromatic shirt and ties. Ced says he plans to raise the bar with his suit and hat game. Listen below.
Cedric The Entertainer kicks off the new season of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on Monday, September 2. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here