*A new era of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” kicks off next month when Cedric the Entertainer slides into the driver’s seat.
The comic follows in the tradition of other stand-up veterans who have made the transition from comedy clubs, to film and television, to game show hosts.
“Of course, Steve [Harvey] taking ‘Family Feud’ and really making the show popular again. He has a lot of fun doing it. I called him,” Ced remarked during the Television Critics Association press tour earlier this month. “Seeing other comedians who have done it – from Drew Carey switching over doing it, Wayne Brady, and Jeff Foxworthy – a lot of those guys motivated me to look at this as a great opportunity to do something fun and exciting and, you know, do a game show. I mean, I’m ready.
“Millionaire’s” original host Regis Philbin set off a fashion trend with his monochromatic shirt and ties. Ced says he plans to raise the bar with his suit and hat game. Listen below.
Cedric The Entertainer kicks off the new season of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on Monday, September 2. Watch a promo below.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here