*A new era of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” kicks off next month when Cedric the Entertainer slides into the driver’s seat.
The comic follows in the tradition of other stand-up veterans who have made the transition from comedy clubs, to film and television, to game show hosts.
“Of course, Steve [Harvey] taking ‘Family Feud’ and really making the show popular again. He has a lot of fun doing it. I called him,” Ced remarked during the Television Critics Association press tour earlier this month. “Seeing other comedians who have done it – from Drew Carey switching over doing it, Wayne Brady, and Jeff Foxworthy – a lot of those guys motivated me to look at this as a great opportunity to do something fun and exciting and, you know, do a game show. I mean, I’m ready.
“Millionaire’s” original host Regis Philbin set off a fashion trend with his monochromatic shirt and ties. Ced says he plans to raise the bar with his suit and hat game. Listen below.
Cedric The Entertainer kicks off the new season of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on Monday, September 2. Watch a promo below.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here