*A new era of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” kicks off next month when Cedric the Entertainer slides into the driver’s seat.
The comic follows in the tradition of other stand-up veterans who have made the transition from comedy clubs, to film and television, to game show hosts.
“Of course, Steve [Harvey] taking ‘Family Feud’ and really making the show popular again. He has a lot of fun doing it. I called him,” Ced remarked during the Television Critics Association press tour earlier this month. “Seeing other comedians who have done it – from Drew Carey switching over doing it, Wayne Brady, and Jeff Foxworthy – a lot of those guys motivated me to look at this as a great opportunity to do something fun and exciting and, you know, do a game show. I mean, I’m ready.
“Millionaire’s” original host Regis Philbin set off a fashion trend with his monochromatic shirt and ties. Ced says he plans to raise the bar with his suit and hat game. Listen below.
Cedric The Entertainer kicks off the new season of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on Monday, September 2. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here