17-year-old rapper Chief Keef didn’t bother to make it to the show he was scheduled for back in December and now has to pay a British promotions company more than $230,000.
The rapper was booked for a show on Dec. 29 in London but was a no show forcing the UK’s Team Major Promotions to file a lawsuit against him in March. The company claims Keef cost them more than $75,000 in damages, including his advance,” according to TMZ.
“Chief never bothered to respond to TM’s suit,” says the entertainment news source. “After four months of radio silence a judge ruled in favor of Team Major … simply by default.” The judge became aware of Chief Keef’s continual legal troubles, and was determined to make the teen entertainer pay for his mistakes, literally, requiring him to pay even more than the lawsuit required. His penalty was to the tune of “$230,019 which included damages, loss of earnings, and reputational harm.”
While Keef faces a barrage of legal problems, his manager stated, “he’s not the type of person that really worries.”
Well, if he keeps pulling no-show stunts, it’s guaranteed he’s gonna start worrying about where his next paycheck is gonna come from.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here