17-year-old rapper Chief Keef didn’t bother to make it to the show he was scheduled for back in December and now has to pay a British promotions company more than $230,000.
The rapper was booked for a show on Dec. 29 in London but was a no show forcing the UK’s Team Major Promotions to file a lawsuit against him in March. The company claims Keef cost them more than $75,000 in damages, including his advance,” according to TMZ.
“Chief never bothered to respond to TM’s suit,” says the entertainment news source. “After four months of radio silence a judge ruled in favor of Team Major … simply by default.” The judge became aware of Chief Keef’s continual legal troubles, and was determined to make the teen entertainer pay for his mistakes, literally, requiring him to pay even more than the lawsuit required. His penalty was to the tune of “$230,019 which included damages, loss of earnings, and reputational harm.”
While Keef faces a barrage of legal problems, his manager stated, “he’s not the type of person that really worries.”
Well, if he keeps pulling no-show stunts, it’s guaranteed he’s gonna start worrying about where his next paycheck is gonna come from.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here