*Chris Brown’s touring schedule has been derailed following the singer’s most recent legal and health issues.
The 24-year-old cancelled a series of concerts across Canada, three days after a judge ordered him to perform an additional 1,000 hours of community service stemming from an alleged hit-and-run accident he was involved in earlier this year. The court date took place about a week after he suffered an apparent seizure.
“After ongoing conversation and consultation with this year’s headline act Chris Brown, and in light of the performer’s recent personal and health-related issues, a decision has been made to cancel all four scheduled performances,” Stephen Tobin, owner of the concert promoter Drop Entertainment, said in a statement. “In the absence of a festival headliner, we cannot proceed.”
Brown was set to perform in at least four Canadian cities from Aug. 29 to Sept. 1.
The singer had previously been met with some opposition after he signed on as the Energy Rush Festival headliner, as some sponsors pulled out in protest of Brown’s assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009.
Despite it, the promotion company kept Brown on until recently. According to E! News, the “Forever” singer’s publicist said in a statement that he feels badly about having to disappoint his Canadian fans, but the cancellation will enable him to get back to making music.