*Chris Brown dodged questions about a series of controversial tweets during his appearance on The “Today” Show Friday, insisting he was only on the show for the music.
In between his performances, Matt Lauer tried to ask about the tweets in which he complained about being sentenced to 1,000 hours of community service stemming from the 2009 attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He tweeted at the time: “N**ga done 6 months community service wit police and the Da racist a** crying to the judge that I didn’t do it. F**K the System!”
Brown refused to answer Lauer’s questions about the messages. Smiling, he said, “It’s not my music… I’m just putting out the music right now.”
He went on to assure fans that he wasn’t quitting music when asked about other tweets, in which he stated he wanted to step away from the spotlight because he was “tired of being famous for a mistake he made when he was 18.”
“As far as how I work, I’m just going to continue to work for my fans and make sure they have fun,” he would only say.
He also brushed off questions about his health after reportedly suffering a seizure earlier this month, stating, “I’m good, I just needed some rest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here