*Chris Brown dodged questions about a series of controversial tweets during his appearance on The “Today” Show Friday, insisting he was only on the show for the music.
In between his performances, Matt Lauer tried to ask about the tweets in which he complained about being sentenced to 1,000 hours of community service stemming from the 2009 attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He tweeted at the time: “N**ga done 6 months community service wit police and the Da racist a** crying to the judge that I didn’t do it. F**K the System!”
Brown refused to answer Lauer’s questions about the messages. Smiling, he said, “It’s not my music… I’m just putting out the music right now.”
He went on to assure fans that he wasn’t quitting music when asked about other tweets, in which he stated he wanted to step away from the spotlight because he was “tired of being famous for a mistake he made when he was 18.”
“As far as how I work, I’m just going to continue to work for my fans and make sure they have fun,” he would only say.
He also brushed off questions about his health after reportedly suffering a seizure earlier this month, stating, “I’m good, I just needed some rest.”
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here