*Shortly after Chris Brown learned he will not face criminal charges over his hit-and-run case stemming from a car accident in May, the singer took to Twitter to express relief.
“Thank God!!!” he tweeted.
The judge told the court that Brown had reached a compromise with the other driver, a woman whose Mercedes he hit with his Range Rover in Toluca Lake.
His aggressive behavior, providing of inaccurate insurance info, and probationary status made the incident more serious, prosecutors argued to the court. But defense attorney Mark Geragos said Brown accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information, and did not deliberately mislead anyone.
Geragos also argued that the case never should have been filed and that Chris Brown was “prosecuted for who he is rather than what he’s done.”
After the May car accident, Chris took to his Twitter account, calling the incident “ridiculous” and denying that he gave the other driver false details.
“It’s not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous. I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info.”
“She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene,” he continued. “She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures.”
The woman, for her part, later said that she did not want money and simply wanted the case closed – a big reason that this was the actual outcome.
Meanwhile, Chris is still being sued by Frank Ocean’s cousin for his role in a parking lot fight, and stands accused of falsifying his community service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here