*Shortly after Chris Brown learned he will not face criminal charges over his hit-and-run case stemming from a car accident in May, the singer took to Twitter to express relief.
“Thank God!!!” he tweeted.
The judge told the court that Brown had reached a compromise with the other driver, a woman whose Mercedes he hit with his Range Rover in Toluca Lake.
His aggressive behavior, providing of inaccurate insurance info, and probationary status made the incident more serious, prosecutors argued to the court. But defense attorney Mark Geragos said Brown accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information, and did not deliberately mislead anyone.
Geragos also argued that the case never should have been filed and that Chris Brown was “prosecuted for who he is rather than what he’s done.”
After the May car accident, Chris took to his Twitter account, calling the incident “ridiculous” and denying that he gave the other driver false details.
“It’s not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous. I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info.”
“She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene,” he continued. “She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures.”
The woman, for her part, later said that she did not want money and simply wanted the case closed – a big reason that this was the actual outcome.
Meanwhile, Chris is still being sued by Frank Ocean’s cousin for his role in a parking lot fight, and stands accused of falsifying his community service.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here