*Shortly after Chris Brown learned he will not face criminal charges over his hit-and-run case stemming from a car accident in May, the singer took to Twitter to express relief.
“Thank God!!!” he tweeted.
The judge told the court that Brown had reached a compromise with the other driver, a woman whose Mercedes he hit with his Range Rover in Toluca Lake.
His aggressive behavior, providing of inaccurate insurance info, and probationary status made the incident more serious, prosecutors argued to the court. But defense attorney Mark Geragos said Brown accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information, and did not deliberately mislead anyone.
Geragos also argued that the case never should have been filed and that Chris Brown was “prosecuted for who he is rather than what he’s done.”
After the May car accident, Chris took to his Twitter account, calling the incident “ridiculous” and denying that he gave the other driver false details.
“It’s not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous. I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info.”
“She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene,” he continued. “She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures.”
The woman, for her part, later said that she did not want money and simply wanted the case closed – a big reason that this was the actual outcome.
Meanwhile, Chris is still being sued by Frank Ocean’s cousin for his role in a parking lot fight, and stands accused of falsifying his community service.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here