*Shortly after Chris Brown learned he will not face criminal charges over his hit-and-run case stemming from a car accident in May, the singer took to Twitter to express relief.
“Thank God!!!” he tweeted.
The judge told the court that Brown had reached a compromise with the other driver, a woman whose Mercedes he hit with his Range Rover in Toluca Lake.
His aggressive behavior, providing of inaccurate insurance info, and probationary status made the incident more serious, prosecutors argued to the court. But defense attorney Mark Geragos said Brown accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information, and did not deliberately mislead anyone.
Geragos also argued that the case never should have been filed and that Chris Brown was “prosecuted for who he is rather than what he’s done.”
After the May car accident, Chris took to his Twitter account, calling the incident “ridiculous” and denying that he gave the other driver false details.
“It’s not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous. I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info.”
“She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene,” he continued. “She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures.”
The woman, for her part, later said that she did not want money and simply wanted the case closed – a big reason that this was the actual outcome.
Meanwhile, Chris is still being sued by Frank Ocean’s cousin for his role in a parking lot fight, and stands accused of falsifying his community service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here