*A man who claims he was punched and kicked by a member of Chris Brown’s entourage during a fight at a recording studio sued the singer on Tuesday for assault and battery.
Sha’keir Duarte sued Brown for unspecified damages in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming he suffered a concussion as well as humiliation and mental anguish as a result of the attack.
Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos called the case frivolous and said it amounted to an attempted shakedown.
“This is what gives lawyers and lawsuits a bad name is garbage like this,” Geragos said, adding that he will seek to have the lawsuit dismissed and will countersue Duarte.
Duarte claims he was beaten by a member of Brown’s entourage identified in the suit only as “Hood” during a fight over a parking spot.
The fight at Westlake Recording Studios jumped off on Jan. 27 between the entourages of Brown and fellow singer Frank Ocean.
Brown taunted Duarte and threatened that the fight could escalate into a shooting, the lawsuit claims.
Charges were never pursued after Ocean, who said his finger was injured in the fight, stated online that he wouldn’t seek criminal or civil penalties.
The fight started after Brown parked in Ocean’s spot at the studio.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here