On Wednesday Paul, also known as CP3, was elected president of the NBPA after previously acting as a vice president.
Amongst all the drama, Paul replaced Derek Fisher. Fisher was there through all the controversy including the February firing of Billy Hunter, the union’s longtime executive director, public squabbles and lawsuits, including Hunter’s lawsuit against the NBPA and Fisher in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
“I think I have a lot of experience, being around and knowing what’s going on,” Paul said Wednesday. “Moving forward is not about me or any one person. It’s about the players as a whole. It’s going to take a lot of work, but we have a great executive committee, a great group of guys who are ready to move forward.”
Paul hadn’t even settled in good before he started putting together a list of players’ demands to take to the NBA, TMZ is reporting.
Players went with CP3 because they feel he’s bold enough and has enough clout to effectively take on the league.
Paul is reportedly taking his new role very seriously and is already talking to players about his agenda, which includes:
— Preparing a battle plan to fight any league proposal for HGH testing
— Eliminating flopping fines
— Forbidding any dress code additions/changes
Find out MORE at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here