On Wednesday Paul, also known as CP3, was elected president of the NBPA after previously acting as a vice president.
Amongst all the drama, Paul replaced Derek Fisher. Fisher was there through all the controversy including the February firing of Billy Hunter, the union’s longtime executive director, public squabbles and lawsuits, including Hunter’s lawsuit against the NBPA and Fisher in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
“I think I have a lot of experience, being around and knowing what’s going on,” Paul said Wednesday. “Moving forward is not about me or any one person. It’s about the players as a whole. It’s going to take a lot of work, but we have a great executive committee, a great group of guys who are ready to move forward.”
Paul hadn’t even settled in good before he started putting together a list of players’ demands to take to the NBA, TMZ is reporting.
Players went with CP3 because they feel he’s bold enough and has enough clout to effectively take on the league.
Paul is reportedly taking his new role very seriously and is already talking to players about his agenda, which includes:
— Preparing a battle plan to fight any league proposal for HGH testing
— Eliminating flopping fines
— Forbidding any dress code additions/changes
Find out MORE at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here