On Wednesday Paul, also known as CP3, was elected president of the NBPA after previously acting as a vice president.
Amongst all the drama, Paul replaced Derek Fisher. Fisher was there through all the controversy including the February firing of Billy Hunter, the union’s longtime executive director, public squabbles and lawsuits, including Hunter’s lawsuit against the NBPA and Fisher in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
“I think I have a lot of experience, being around and knowing what’s going on,” Paul said Wednesday. “Moving forward is not about me or any one person. It’s about the players as a whole. It’s going to take a lot of work, but we have a great executive committee, a great group of guys who are ready to move forward.”
Paul hadn’t even settled in good before he started putting together a list of players’ demands to take to the NBA, TMZ is reporting.
Players went with CP3 because they feel he’s bold enough and has enough clout to effectively take on the league.
Paul is reportedly taking his new role very seriously and is already talking to players about his agenda, which includes:
— Preparing a battle plan to fight any league proposal for HGH testing
— Eliminating flopping fines
— Forbidding any dress code additions/changes
Find out MORE at USA Today.
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here