*Funk legend Nile Rodgers, currently heating the charts as part of Daft Punk’s summer hit “Get Lucky,” will join his Chic bandmates to replace ailing R&B star D’Angelo at California’s Outside Lands festival on Friday, Aug. 9.
As previously reported, D’Angelo scrapped a series of U.S. concerts after he was recently hospitalized with a “serious” illness, and now he has cancelled his last remaining summer gig at Outside Lands as a result of his health troubles.
In choosing Chic to replace the singer, event organizer Allen Scott, of Another Planet Entertainment, says he’s confident that fans will still enjoy the festivities.
“We hope that D’Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour,” he said. “Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday.”
Details about D’Angelo’s illness have not been made public, but a spokesperson for Chicago, Illinois’ House of Blues, where the singer was due to perform tonight, reveals he “should be ok.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here