*Funk legend Nile Rodgers, currently heating the charts as part of Daft Punk’s summer hit “Get Lucky,” will join his Chic bandmates to replace ailing R&B star D’Angelo at California’s Outside Lands festival on Friday, Aug. 9.
As previously reported, D’Angelo scrapped a series of U.S. concerts after he was recently hospitalized with a “serious” illness, and now he has cancelled his last remaining summer gig at Outside Lands as a result of his health troubles.
In choosing Chic to replace the singer, event organizer Allen Scott, of Another Planet Entertainment, says he’s confident that fans will still enjoy the festivities.
“We hope that D’Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour,” he said. “Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday.”
Details about D’Angelo’s illness have not been made public, but a spokesperson for Chicago, Illinois’ House of Blues, where the singer was due to perform tonight, reveals he “should be ok.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here