*Funk legend Nile Rodgers, currently heating the charts as part of Daft Punk’s summer hit “Get Lucky,” will join his Chic bandmates to replace ailing R&B star D’Angelo at California’s Outside Lands festival on Friday, Aug. 9.
As previously reported, D’Angelo scrapped a series of U.S. concerts after he was recently hospitalized with a “serious” illness, and now he has cancelled his last remaining summer gig at Outside Lands as a result of his health troubles.
In choosing Chic to replace the singer, event organizer Allen Scott, of Another Planet Entertainment, says he’s confident that fans will still enjoy the festivities.
“We hope that D’Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour,” he said. “Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday.”
Details about D’Angelo’s illness have not been made public, but a spokesperson for Chicago, Illinois’ House of Blues, where the singer was due to perform tonight, reveals he “should be ok.”
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here