*Funk legend Nile Rodgers, currently heating the charts as part of Daft Punk’s summer hit “Get Lucky,” will join his Chic bandmates to replace ailing R&B star D’Angelo at California’s Outside Lands festival on Friday, Aug. 9.
As previously reported, D’Angelo scrapped a series of U.S. concerts after he was recently hospitalized with a “serious” illness, and now he has cancelled his last remaining summer gig at Outside Lands as a result of his health troubles.
In choosing Chic to replace the singer, event organizer Allen Scott, of Another Planet Entertainment, says he’s confident that fans will still enjoy the festivities.
“We hope that D’Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour,” he said. “Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday.”
Details about D’Angelo’s illness have not been made public, but a spokesperson for Chicago, Illinois’ House of Blues, where the singer was due to perform tonight, reveals he “should be ok.”
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here