“I’ve just been praying with Kelly because her heart is broken over what she sees of herself [on the show]. You build up a career to a certain point, you fought and battled through that career to be heard and seen. People talked about her weight and all the different things, and now to have a reality show tear you down?” Dawn told 4UMF.com.
On the show, Kelly had an idea to include the other ladies in a show similar to the “Vagina Monologues” where they could all share their story. But when her co-stars, mainly Chante Moore and Lil Mo, moved forward with the idea without considering Kelly’s input, things began to really heat up. In the end, Kelly came off as a bit of a control freak.
“It’s like you come to everybody with an idea of your own, and then they just kick you out of the car and put someone else in place of who you have in mind. I think you’d be pretty pissed at that as well,” said Dawn who defended Kelly’s desire to use the director that she originally wanted, despite Chante and Lil Mo working well with a new guy.
We still have to stay tuned to see how it all unfolds, but in April Dawn and Kelly performed a one-night only “Not Your Mama’s Monologues,” that may suggest the ladies were unable to patch things up.
“They want to show us fighting against each other. They want to show anger, the angry Black woman,” said Dawn. That is not what I signed up for! I signed up for positivity.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here