*Although Paula Deen has lost support for many of her sponsors and much of the public, polls show that she is still popular among Georgia Republicans.
Public Policy Polling show the Deen has a 73% favorability rating with Georgia Republicans despite her recent controversy involving the use of the n-word.
She admitted to using the “n word” during a suit filed against her from a former employee which accused Deen and her brother Bubba of “violent, sexist, and racist” behavior. It also didn’t help when she said she wanted a “Southern plantation-style” theme wedding for her brother complete with all-black waitstaff.
After this admission, mostly all of her sponsors pulled out including the Food Network.
According to the PPP, her favorability is markedly higher than another famous southerner – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He garnered 59% favorability among self-identified Republicans in the state.
Check out the full poll here.
TODAY.com confirmed that the chef is in talks with the network to join the 17th season of the dance competition.
Their interest came before her controversy with using the racial epithet.
A source close to the show told TODAY.com that they heard Deen had passed on the opportunity.
Her reps have not yet replied to requests for comment.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here