*Although Paula Deen has lost support for many of her sponsors and much of the public, polls show that she is still popular among Georgia Republicans.
Public Policy Polling show the Deen has a 73% favorability rating with Georgia Republicans despite her recent controversy involving the use of the n-word.
She admitted to using the “n word” during a suit filed against her from a former employee which accused Deen and her brother Bubba of “violent, sexist, and racist” behavior. It also didn’t help when she said she wanted a “Southern plantation-style” theme wedding for her brother complete with all-black waitstaff.
After this admission, mostly all of her sponsors pulled out including the Food Network.
According to the PPP, her favorability is markedly higher than another famous southerner – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He garnered 59% favorability among self-identified Republicans in the state.
Check out the full poll here.
TODAY.com confirmed that the chef is in talks with the network to join the 17th season of the dance competition.
Their interest came before her controversy with using the racial epithet.
A source close to the show told TODAY.com that they heard Deen had passed on the opportunity.
Her reps have not yet replied to requests for comment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here