*Although Paula Deen has lost support for many of her sponsors and much of the public, polls show that she is still popular among Georgia Republicans.
Public Policy Polling show the Deen has a 73% favorability rating with Georgia Republicans despite her recent controversy involving the use of the n-word.
She admitted to using the “n word” during a suit filed against her from a former employee which accused Deen and her brother Bubba of “violent, sexist, and racist” behavior. It also didn’t help when she said she wanted a “Southern plantation-style” theme wedding for her brother complete with all-black waitstaff.
After this admission, mostly all of her sponsors pulled out including the Food Network.
According to the PPP, her favorability is markedly higher than another famous southerner – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He garnered 59% favorability among self-identified Republicans in the state.
Check out the full poll here.
TODAY.com confirmed that the chef is in talks with the network to join the 17th season of the dance competition.
Their interest came before her controversy with using the racial epithet.
A source close to the show told TODAY.com that they heard Deen had passed on the opportunity.
Her reps have not yet replied to requests for comment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here