*Although Paula Deen has lost support for many of her sponsors and much of the public, polls show that she is still popular among Georgia Republicans.
Public Policy Polling show the Deen has a 73% favorability rating with Georgia Republicans despite her recent controversy involving the use of the n-word.
She admitted to using the “n word” during a suit filed against her from a former employee which accused Deen and her brother Bubba of “violent, sexist, and racist” behavior. It also didn’t help when she said she wanted a “Southern plantation-style” theme wedding for her brother complete with all-black waitstaff.
After this admission, mostly all of her sponsors pulled out including the Food Network.
According to the PPP, her favorability is markedly higher than another famous southerner – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He garnered 59% favorability among self-identified Republicans in the state.
Check out the full poll here.
TODAY.com confirmed that the chef is in talks with the network to join the 17th season of the dance competition.
Their interest came before her controversy with using the racial epithet.
A source close to the show told TODAY.com that they heard Deen had passed on the opportunity.
Her reps have not yet replied to requests for comment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here