*“Community” star Donald Glover, who reduced his role on NBC’s cult comedy to recurring for season five, is developing a music-themed comedy for FX, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tentatively titled “Atlanta,” the comedy is set against the Atlanta music scene. The actor-musician — aka hip-hop artist Childish Gambino — grew up in Atlanta and has a first-hand knowledge of the music community there.
Glover will write, executive produce and star in the FX vehicle, marking his second stab at developing a starring vehicle for himself. Last year, the Community star developed a semi-autobiographical comedy for NBC, which did not move forward at the network.
Glover in July took a step back from “Community,” reducing his role from series regular to recurring in order to accommodate his burgeoning music career and busy tour schedule. He’s slated to appear in five of the Dan Harmon comedy’s 13 season five episodes.
Should Glover’s FX comedy move forward, he would join another former NBC Thursday night staple as “30 Rock’s” Tracey Morgan also has a comedy pilot at the cable network.
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here