*“Community” star Donald Glover, who reduced his role on NBC’s cult comedy to recurring for season five, is developing a music-themed comedy for FX, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tentatively titled “Atlanta,” the comedy is set against the Atlanta music scene. The actor-musician — aka hip-hop artist Childish Gambino — grew up in Atlanta and has a first-hand knowledge of the music community there.
Glover will write, executive produce and star in the FX vehicle, marking his second stab at developing a starring vehicle for himself. Last year, the Community star developed a semi-autobiographical comedy for NBC, which did not move forward at the network.
Glover in July took a step back from “Community,” reducing his role from series regular to recurring in order to accommodate his burgeoning music career and busy tour schedule. He’s slated to appear in five of the Dan Harmon comedy’s 13 season five episodes.
Should Glover’s FX comedy move forward, he would join another former NBC Thursday night staple as “30 Rock’s” Tracey Morgan also has a comedy pilot at the cable network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here