*“Community” star Donald Glover, who reduced his role on NBC’s cult comedy to recurring for season five, is developing a music-themed comedy for FX, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tentatively titled “Atlanta,” the comedy is set against the Atlanta music scene. The actor-musician — aka hip-hop artist Childish Gambino — grew up in Atlanta and has a first-hand knowledge of the music community there.
Glover will write, executive produce and star in the FX vehicle, marking his second stab at developing a starring vehicle for himself. Last year, the Community star developed a semi-autobiographical comedy for NBC, which did not move forward at the network.
Glover in July took a step back from “Community,” reducing his role from series regular to recurring in order to accommodate his burgeoning music career and busy tour schedule. He’s slated to appear in five of the Dan Harmon comedy’s 13 season five episodes.
Should Glover’s FX comedy move forward, he would join another former NBC Thursday night staple as “30 Rock’s” Tracey Morgan also has a comedy pilot at the cable network.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here