*“Community” star Donald Glover, who reduced his role on NBC’s cult comedy to recurring for season five, is developing a music-themed comedy for FX, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tentatively titled “Atlanta,” the comedy is set against the Atlanta music scene. The actor-musician — aka hip-hop artist Childish Gambino — grew up in Atlanta and has a first-hand knowledge of the music community there.
Glover will write, executive produce and star in the FX vehicle, marking his second stab at developing a starring vehicle for himself. Last year, the Community star developed a semi-autobiographical comedy for NBC, which did not move forward at the network.
Glover in July took a step back from “Community,” reducing his role from series regular to recurring in order to accommodate his burgeoning music career and busy tour schedule. He’s slated to appear in five of the Dan Harmon comedy’s 13 season five episodes.
Should Glover’s FX comedy move forward, he would join another former NBC Thursday night staple as “30 Rock’s” Tracey Morgan also has a comedy pilot at the cable network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here