*Former Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has responded to comments made about him by the team’s current quarterback Robert Griffin III in an interview with GQ.
Writer Brendan Vaughn asked Griffin about McNabb’s offer to give him advice back in May.
“I don’t think Donovan is an idiot by any means,” Griffin told Vaughn. “But right now, it’s probably best we don’t talk.”
During his NBCSports radio show on Tuesday, McNabb responded: “I’m just trying to help him. Clearly the young generation think they have all the answers. He’s going through a little turmoil right now trying to get out on the field. And it’s unfortunate. But that’s where we’re at right now as far as these young quarterbacks who think they have all the answers. Until things start to fall apart and come down trembling on you, then you want some help. But it’s a shame,” McNabb said. “I honestly think, you know, over there in Washington, he’s getting brainwashed. He’s getting input from whoever it may be. There’s no reason to talk to him. It didn’t work out here. If they expressed their dislike when I was there, what I used to do. So be it. I hope the best for the young man. But the direction he’s going in is really a direction he does not want to do.”
McNabb’s rant came shortly after RGIII’s interview with GQ was published. He hasn’t had many nice things to say about the Redskins organization after spending one tumultuous season in Washington D.C. They went 6-10 and head coach Mike Shanahan eventually benched McNabb for Rex Grossman.
When the Redskins positioned themselves to get RG3 in the 2012 NFL Draft, McNabb said he thought the egos of Shanahan and his son and offensive coordinator, Kyle, would make Washington a bad fit for the former Heisman Trophy winner.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here