*Los Angeles, California — “The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson,” authored by fashion designer Michael Bush who served as Michael Jackson’s longtime personal designer for 25 years has won the Gold Medal at this year’s PubWest Book Design Awards for Best Gift-Holiday-Specialty book.
The PubWest Design Awards were developed to recognize superior design and outstanding production quality of books throughout North America. The PubWest Design Awards is now in its 29th year and will recognize the winners at PubWest 2013 in Santa Fe, New Mexico on November 7-9, 2013. The PubWest Design Awards is judged annually in the spring by a diverse panel of the industry’s top professionals, concentrating on cover and interior design, materials, typography, content and format. The prestigious award recognizes winners in 23 different categories.
“The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson” by Michael Bush is the first art-driven book about the costumes, apparel, shoes and accessories created and worn by Michael Jackson. It is published by Insight Editions. The book includes hundreds of lavish photographs and a behind-the-scenes look into the process of collaborating with the world’s most legendary and powerful entertainer of our time. The book also includes personal stories from the author who also was a true friend of Michael Jackson. It is a fascinating look into the world of music and fashion that only Jackson could have created. Fans from around the world have made it a must-have book.
“I am beyond thrilled that the book has won the Gold Medal at the PubWest Design Awards this year,” said author Michael Bush. “Working with Michael Jackson for as long as I did was inspiring, fascinating and remarkable. Having now received two Gold Medal Awards in the last few months from two different award programs only reiterates what a tribute this book is to Michael’s enduring legacy.”
“The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson” also won the Gold Medal (top honor) in the Pop Culture/Leisure category of the awards at the Independent Publishers Book Awards earlier this year. This award from the PubWest Design Awards marks the second Gold Medal the book has received. For more information on the PubWest Design Awards go to www.pubwest.org.
The book is currently available at www.dressingmichaeljackson.com or wherever popular books are sold across the country. A German edition was launched earlier in the year and in 2014 a Chinese version of the award-winning book will become available across China. For more information go to www.dressingmichaeljackson.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here